Corsair Community

asus p5wdh deluxe hangs at post

wssabear

processor: Pentium D 945 3.4ghz

memory: Corsair CM2X2048-6400 kit (XMS6405b5.1) 0648073-0

I keep getting error messages about bios settings incorrect, then it hangs. I've tried reflashing, with the same result. I've tried a different processor, power supply and vid card with the same result.

Could memory be the culprit, or maybe this is just a bad board?

Yes. I've tried several times, including letting it sit for an hour and pressing the "on button". The best I can do is get it to recognize the processor and memory, but it sees it as 533mhz if I remember correctly. At this point, it just hangs.

• Corsair Employees
Did you try the modules one at a time, and will it let you get to the Bios setup? If so please load setup defaults and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the memory frequency at DDR667 them test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. But please remember to disable legacy USB when running any memory test.

See attached. This is what I get WITHOUT resetting the CMOS. Note that it sees the one stick have installed in slot 1 as pc2-4300 single channel. This is where it hangs, and nothing works. I do occasionally get it to go to setup, and I do mean occasionally, and only when I reset the CMOS. This is why I haven't posted a screen shot of it. If I can get to setup, it just hangs at that point too. I've tried switching the two memory sticks I have in slot 1 only, and initially tried using both. What I have not done, is try the other memory slots.

I'm not necesarily thinking the memory is at issue here, but at least hoping you can give me some direction as to whether it is a problem or not. If memory serves me correctly, I think it was seeing the memory at 533mhz. If I can get it to go into setup again, I'll post that screen.

1079359426_p5wdhdeluxescreen.jpg.e7efcea3e1ffa50ef5067a064583d326.jpg

Archived