Corsair Community

Extent of warranty for TWINX2048 - 3200C2PT XMS3200

HumptyMoo

Hi, I have purchased the memory in the title and am wondering to what extent the warranty applies?

Basically I have been running the modules fine for 6months+ at the MB default timmings 3/6/6/8 but wanted to now push them up to the timings advertised to gain a little more oomph (as you do :) ). The trouble is that one of the modules will do 2/3/3/6 fine but the 2nd module will only go so far as 2.5/3/3/6 any lower i.e. to 2/3/3/6 and it wont even POST.

My question is pretty simple, does the warranty cover my 2nd module as its not able to achieve the stated timings and also would I need to send the modules back as a pair even though only one of them is affected because they were purchased as a pair?

I know its only half a click im talking about but its just one of those little things that chews away at the back of your mind, well if you're a perfectionist it does (ok ok analy retentive lol).

I did a quick trawl of the forums but couldn't see an answer to this question, so forgive me if it's been answered in another post.

Thanks,

Moo

Thanks for your reply, I will complete the RMA form if it is needed as I have been trawling around searching for an excellent post by yourself that had screenshots of my particular MB (asus a8n32-sli). As I was trawling I clicked your module timing link in your sig and saw under CMX1024-3200C2:

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2 (2.5 on AMD platform)

Well my module is a CMX1024-3200C2PT which I did not spot in your post but im guessing it is probably the same module with maybe a little more chocolate sprinkled on top or just a reference that they are paired. As my setup is indeed an AMD one if the modules are the same rating then I actually do not have a problem as they will run at CAS 2.5 stably.

Is my module therefore working within parameters or should it be able to go down to CAS 2 on AMD platform?

Thanks for your help and sorry to be a pain :)

Moo

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just got my replacment memory stick, everything appears to be running with maximum chocolatey goodness! :biggrin:

The replacment stick is version 1.2 where my original was version 1.6, is there likely to be any problems with that? or is it just a manufacturing thing?

Either way I am more than happy with the level of service I have been given, as a comparison my £450 Nvidia card that was sent back as warranty repair inside england 5 working days before this stick of memory was, has still not made its way back to me!

Thanks for a painless experience, especially as it was all for only for 0.5 of a clock! :laughing: Corsair get my vote, its one thing to sell a good product but its another to continue to support it efficiently once its been sold.

Cheers peeps. :D:

Moo

Archived