Corsair Community

Confused

WDB

Hi All

i got a asus k8n-e deluxe Mb, manual says i can have 3 gigs of memory,but acording to the manual they will be running at 200 ,and not 400,which if im reading correct will acually be a performance hit,because of the time it takes to switch back and forth from bank to bank,but it is said however , it is not a noticeable decrease for the majority of personal uses. So will the up grade to 3 gigs take away that "not a noticeable decrease for the majority of personal uses" quote..:confused: so im thinking of going with CMX1024-3200PRO memory..any advice would be great thanks:biggrin:

CORSAIR XMS 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory Model CMX1024-3200 - Retail

Buffered/Registered: Unbuffered

Cas Latency: 3

ECC: No

Heat Spreader: Yes

Timing: 3-3-3-8

Model #: CMX1024-3200

Item #: N82E16820145488

Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

You will experience a system slowdown with a move from 2GB to 3GB in such a situation. As well, there are not that many applications that will make use of the extra GB at any rate. If I were you I would personally stick with 2GB.

You can test for yourself though and I think you will see that the performance drop is not worth the extra GB.

Archived