Corsair Community

Lousy customer service

1. My poor quality CMFSD133-1GB physically fell apart and I requested an RMA. I filled out the form, checked the box "RAM GUY has already helped me" and filled out the post ID number. (http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=273102)

A few days later, I get an email telling me "please describe the problem with the device" from someone who obviously doesn't know what he's doing. I then called and was told my RMA was rejected because a phone number wasn't supplied. Well that's different from the first excuse isn't it? I was told to call customer service and in the mean while the operator said he'd approved my RMA.

I told customer service to look up my original case number, but I was told he doesn't have access to one, so I had to repeat everything over to him and I got a new RMA number. SIX bloody days later, RMA number was issued to the initial TSX request. SIX DAYS?! uncool.

Using the RMA number I got after having repeated every single thing, I sent the package. I got a replacement in a reasonable time, but a wrong item.

I demanded the correct item shipped Next Day Air along with a return label for the wrong item sent. He refused my request, told me "our policy is that we have to have the old one back before we can ship a new one back". While this is understandable for standard RMA, you're clearly interested in covering YOURSELF from the slighest doubt the wrong item won't be returned and chose to be distrustful of the customer, despite it is YOUR FAULT for sending a wrong item.

Whatever, I demand a call tag service and they tell me no and gave me a UPS account number. I went to the UPS store and Staples and was told they do not ship on UPS account # and I would need to go to the UPS hub, good 50 mile roundtrip to ship it.

Corsair, you're telling me that is is MY responsibility to take the time out of the day and pay the expense for 50 mile trip because YOU messed up?

This is unacceptable.

• Corsair Employee

First thing I am sorry about that but that is the phone company. I know they have had line problems all over but I was not aware of them in California.

Second I am sorry as it seems we had dropped the ball but I don’t have all of the information to really know the whole story. If you can send me an email with your RMA# and or your phone number I will be happy to Call you personally and address your concerns ASAP. Ramguy@corsairmemory.com

First thing I am sorry about that but that is the phone company. I know they have had line problems all over but I was not aware of them in California.

Second I am sorry as it seems we had dropped the ball but I don’t have all of the information to really know the whole story. If you can send me an email with your RMA# and or your phone number I will be happy to Call you personally and address your concerns ASAP. Ramguy@corsairmemory.com

E-mail sent. Please send all correspondence to my email.

Please provide me with your extension number. Thank you.

update 5:22PM PST

e-mail went unanswered(at least in a duration I find soon enough in this situation), so I called around. I was told replacement was shipped out. I asked that the tracking number to be emailed and was told they would do so tomorrow. I will keep you guys updated.

I asked for call tag service (carrier comes and collect package), but Corsair downright refused and instead provided me with UPS account number to ship with, however the UPS Store near here tells me they do not ship on UPS account number. When I called UPS corporate, I was told "you can't ship on someone else's account at the UPS store".

Corsair did say they'd reimburse me, but I still had to pay for FedEx overnight service out of pocket. If you don't have a car and shipping places aren't nearby you are basically outta luck should you have a Corsair problem.

It has already cost me A LOT of time and a few bucks in gas in doing leg work for their mess up.

Update 2:

After a few phone calls, it appears the replacement is on its way and I could only hope they got it right this time. They still owe me $30.77 for FedEx Priority Overnight cost for returning the wrong stuff they sent me.

Update 3:

All taken care of finally.

Archived