Corsair Community

Acer Aspire 3618AWLCi

kojigushi

The configurator has the Acer Aspire 3618AWLMi (M is AMD based for Acers) but the description of it matches my machine i.e Pentium Mobile 910GML chipset.

My question:

it recommends CMSS1GB-533SOD. if I install a 1GB unit wiht the 512MB that is already installed, will there be performance hit (not this laptop is any great performer) ? I gues it i s my ignorance, if I install 512MB in pair does it gives Dual channel or the DDR2 does not matter as it does in DDR systems where you have to have two extact twins (I am clueless in this)

I know I am getting more ram, but does the unit support dual channel if two memory sticks are paired?

if I install a PC 5300 unit will it matter?

if I install a 1GB unit wiht the 512MB that is already installed, will there be performance hit (not this laptop is any great performer) ? I gues it i s my ignorance, if I install 512MB in pair does it gives Dual channel or the DDR2 does not matter as it does in DDR systems where you have to have two extact twins (I am clueless in this)

I know I am getting more ram, but does the unit support dual channel if two memory sticks are paired?

if I install a PC 5300 unit will it matter?

This system does in fact have a Dual Channel Mode and you would need to install a 512MB of the same timings and speed as the 512MB that is currently in your system to engage Dual Channel.

A 1GB system with Dual Channel Enabled vs. a 1.5GB system without Dual Channel Mode enabled will usually show an improvement with the 1.5GB.

If it was my system, I would choose the 1.5GB Single Channel over 1GB Dual Channel.

Archived