Corsair Community

Twin2X2048-6400 Memtest Errors

FPBBrandon

Hello All,

Started experiencing rig lockups, random restarts, and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL errors recently. Ran memtest on my modules first together, and then independantly. My findings on a memtest86+ (V3.2) run for one stick yield no errors, while the second stick shows over 63000 errors in one test cycle.

My system:

Asus M2N32SLI-Deluxe

AMD AthlonX2 4400+

Corsair XMS2 Twin2x2048-6400 DDR2

MSI 7950GX2

The RAM is clocked at 5-5-5-15-2T@1.9v. USBLegacy is off. I'd like to request an RMA of just the bad stick, since Im finishing off my format on the good stick. I dont have a picture since I am home for the holidays, but if its absolutely necessary I get one, then I can go get a cheap digital cam.

Please help me out.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived