Corsair Community

680i shows cpu is in safe mode if set to 5-5-5-15 2.2v have Dominator 8500 tho...

orangeblast

What gives?

When my computer posts it says my system is running my CPU in Safe mode and that I need to enter in the correct settings. This only happens when I set the RAM to its stock speeds at 5-5-5-15 2.2 Vdimm.... when i set it to 5-5-5-18 2.2 Vdimm, the computer POSTS just fine.

what gives here?

I'm using a 680i, E6600. Dominator 8500 2 gig kit.

I had to revert back to the P21 BIOS becuase the P23 is so terrible.

Its doing the whole ram thing to me again. I set it at 5-5-5-15 2.2vdimm 1066mhz unlinked. And it does it again. I set it to Expert for the EPP-SLI profiles and it still POSTs saying CPU is running in safe mode.

wtf??

New hardware is always problematic, and this is the first version of this chipset. You can expect "issues" to arise. I personally go with Intel based chipsets for Intel CPU's as there are less issues. Issues still arise but they are less. I build systems for my entire group of friends, business associates, etc. as I love to keep my hands on the hardware.

I was trained as a board level systems tech. However, now my living is made in the IT industry, and it's only on my own time that I can do what I love, pull up the shirt sleeves and get my hands on the hardware :)

I also keep involved in the industry with regards to hardware and can tell you that the return rate on Nvidia based chipsets for Intel CPU's is far higher than Intel based chipsets for Intel CPU's.

For that reason, I advise all who I build for to take this into account. The RMA procedures are never enjoyable and trouble-shooting is far more difficult on these Nvidia based boards.

These are just my experiences though.

Archived