Corsair Community

Been a good year for my TWINX2048-3200C2PT

Lasryl

One year and two months ago I bought my TWINX2048-3200C2PT 2x1gb sticks. They've been running good for that time. The other day I installed two new case fans (old ones were making noises). Overnight, the computer had crashed. It will not POST with one module in the A slot and the other in the B and will POST with a Memory Test Failed error with the modules swapped. Same result with only one of each stick in. Windows will crash randomly (and frequently). I have replaced these two 1g sticks with two old 512 sticks and they are running fine.

My computer is running off an APC 1500 UPS so it probably wasn't a power surge.

Is this covered by the lifetime warranty?

Edit: I bought these from Newegg.com

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have (Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3"), and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived