Corsair Community

2Gb Flash Voyager

Boyspot

I have had a 1Gb Voyager for a while now and found it excellent. So good, in fact, that I managed to lose it. To compensate for my stupidity I bought a 2Gb replacement. Not sure if this one is working properly. When I plug it in to either my desktop or my laptop, I get a variety of issues. Sometimes, I get a straight error from the USB recognition. Other times, I get it recognized. Still further, it is recognized but I am advised that it would work better in a USB2 port which they all are.

My suspicion is that the embedded hub is the problem. The old one used to get two sounds when plugging in and removing as the hub and then the drive were recognized. This one only gets one and I wonder if the hub problem relates to the USB2 messages?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

PS: The plug is very tight in the USB ports!

Thanks for the update. The desktop and laptop are all I have to access at the moment but neither of them seem to like it and have the same symptoms. When it does appear on a system, it will then drop out after a while. I shall raise the RMA and get it on its way to you.

Thanks

Rob

I have just had another go at raising the RMA. I used IE this time and it worked fine. Previously I tried my default browser, Firefox and it didn't seem to work. Is this a browser compatibility issue or did I just get it wrong the first time?

Archived