Corsair Community

Corsair Twin2x2048-PC6400C4 on MSI K9-NeoV (ULI 1697)

fullerms

Brothers,

Built my DIY rig for X'mas and have a couple of questions on my system performance.

System Details as below.

CPU = AMD X2 4200+ on AM2

CPU FSB = 200 Mhz

CPU Ratio = 11 ( Gives me 2200 Mhz on my AMD X2 4200+)

DDR2 frequency manually set to 800Mhz

RAM voltage = 1.9V

Chipset voltage = 2.10

1. RAM frequency shows up as 368 Mhz on CPU-Z. I manually set it to 800 Mhz in the BIOS, still CPU-Z shows it as 368 Mhz. Anything wrong here?

2. My RAM is rated 4-4-4-12, and I have set those values manually. What should be the TRRD and TRC values? I have them on auto now.

Not trying to set any records, but would like to set the most optimal settings for my rig. Please help.

CPU = AMD X2 4200+ on AM2

CPU FSB = 200 Mhz

CPU Ratio = 11 ( Gives me 2200 Mhz on my AMD X2 4200+)

DDR2 frequency manually set to 800Mhz

RAM voltage = 1.9V

Chipset voltage = 2.10

1. RAM frequency shows up as 368 Mhz on CPU-Z. I manually set it to 800 Mhz in the BIOS, still CPU-Z shows it as 368 Mhz. Anything wrong here?

No there is nothing wrong. This is the difference between Intel's FSB and AMD's HTT. Motherboards call the AMD HTT the FSB to make it easier to understand in the overclock but really they are not the same as the memory controller is integrated into AMD 64 X2 CPUs and the memory speed is not based on a FSB but a ratio of the CPU HT (said as FSB but really is the HTT Frequency)/Multiplier. Your CPU speed - FSB/HT Mhz / 6 = 369. The locked-in divider, 6 in in your case, makes the memory run at a set fraction of the CPU speed. You can slightly overclock the CPU to allow the RAM to run at true DDR2-800 speeds so you should be able to change the CPU bus speed to 220 MHz and get - 220 x 11 = 2420 / 6 = 403 MHz ( DDR2-800! ) memory speed.

If this is a bit confusing to you, look at your CPU-z Memory Tab and notice the FSB:DRAM Ratio. then look at the numbers above (SB/HT Mhz / 6 = 369) and you will have your answer.

Archived