Corsair Community

ASUS P5AD2-E Premium and TWIN2X2048-6400C4

DVDMike

I have an ASUS P5AD2-E Premium motherboard, and am planning to upgrade from 1GB of system memory to 2 GB. I now have (I think) TWIN2X1024-5400C4PRO, which works well, but I sometimes run lower on available memory than I'd like, so I'm thinking of buying TWIN2X2048-6400C4 as a replacement. However, your "configurator" doesn't list it as compatible with this MB! Hopefully, this is just an overlooked item, as I don't see any reason this WOULDN'T work, but before I spend the money, I wanted to verify that it would work. Will it? Thanks.

DVDMike

• 1 month later...

Hello RamGuy,

I'm considering upgrading my Asus P5AD2-E Premium MoBo to 2GB of RAM. The Memory Guide on the Corsair website recommends the TWIN2X2048-6400C4 (overclocker). I'm currently using 1GB of Corsair TWIN2X1024A-4300C3PRO which I would remove and use in another PC and have the latest Asus BIOS installed for this MoBo. Any known compatability issues that you are aware of with this combination of TWIN2X2048-6400C4 and the Asus P5AD2-e Premium? Will this work? Any special BIOS settings?

Thanks for your help...

• Corsair Employees

If you are an extream over clocker and you know what you are doing then you would not need to ask me, and I would not suggest using these modules with this MB unless you meet the above criteria.

Twin2x2048-5400C4 might be a better choice for you.

Archived