Corsair Community

Bad TwinX pair

I have a pair of CMX512-3200C2PT modules which were sold as a TwinX pair. I have only had them for about 3 months. Recently I began to have some BSOD issues and decided to run memtest86 on the machine. It came back with errors at address 000317dac28. Just to be sure that there wasn't anything else wrong with the machine I swapped them into a known good motherboard and ran the test overnight. I got the same errors. No overclocking or overvoltage on either board, in fact I think that the 2nd board was underclocked slightly - it's a Biostar M7NCD set to autodetect module settings.

Hoping to get an RMA....

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I've tried this on two motherboards: one a Biostar M7NCD Ultra and a Biostar M7NCD. Processor is some version of a T-bird Athlon. FSB is 133Mhz.

No "turbo" or performance settings are set - everything is auto-detect. The actual timings being used on the sticks are 2-3-3-6 (as reported by Memtest86). No over-voltage settings being applied.

Archived