Corsair Community

1GB Flash Voyager Dead

stinkynate

I have become in the habit of backing up my flash drive regularly luckily, because as of a couple of days ago, everytime I plug it into any computer it loads as a Prolific USB-Flash-Disk and sees it as a 0 byte unformatted drive. It has done this before sometimes, but has always resurrected itself.

I know you're going to say "Let's get it replaced" and after a couple of days of trying to fix it, I'm ready to. Just wondering why this seems to occur to a lot of people?

Also, I know your policy is to replace with the same device, but when you no longer have 1GB drives anymore, will you be upgrading them to the lowest then, for example if a 256MB drive dies now, is it upgraded to a 512? Just wondering as there are 9 years left on my original warranty and in 9 years this is a very probable situation.

• Corsair Employees

These drives are still available as far as I know, but if not they will go to the next step up.

Its hard to say why this has happend to you with out seeing the drive, but the File allocation table has become corrupt is the root cause and sometimes you can recover from this with our EZ-Recovery tool for drives bellow 2.0 Gig.

However, this could also suggest the controller is starting to fail for some reason and we can sure replace the drive for you!

Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them or it.

I also have a 1GB Flash Voyager that shows up as a prolific USB-flash-disk USB device and reports 0bytes available through My Computer. I tried the EZ Recover application and it doesn't do anything...it just says "please attach a device to do ezrecover. Filling out RMA form right now and just needed the post number of this post.

Archived