Corsair Community

Big Problem with Recived RAM replacment

Fangman

Hey all,

I received my replacement RAM the other day from corsair, and have only recived one stick, even though I sent them two, and stated in the RMA that I would send two. This is a really bad mess up on Corsair's behalf and is causing problems here, since I intended to have a computer running on 1 gig ram for xmas.

I have sent a e-mail to support and got a reply asking for the tracking number, i sent it to them about 3 days ago and have not yet heard back.

The one ram stick I have received is of the type I was after, it is just only 1/2 of what I wanted.

PLEASE can someone find out what happened, and send me the 2nd stick. If someone want's more personal details, feel free to PM me.

RMA# R209852

I submitted to return the 2 memory modules, even though the one was faulty. I said I would send 2 sticks back so I can use dual channel.

This is a copy of the e-mail I sent to corsair about sending 2 sticks, and changing the address and their reply.

---------------------------------------------------

Hi Ashley,

Our apologies for the delay in correspondence.

We have updated our records to reflect the address below.

We do recommend returning both modules in a twin set to ensure that both

products will be identical.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Regards,

Melissa Duffy

Customer Service Manager

Corsair Memory

510-979-3211 ~ tele

510-743-1188 ~ fax

melissad@corsairmemory.com

http://www.corsairmemory.com - Home Page

http://www.asktheramguy.com - Help Forum

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 7:57 PM

To: warranty@corsairmemory.com

Subject: Changes wanted to RMA# R209852

Hello,

I already put an e-mail in, but did not get a response. I would like to

check the changes have been made.

In case you did not get them, here is what I am asking.

Firstly, Is it possible for you to change to return address (address you

will use when sending it back to me) to:

###################

##################

#################

###############

##########

That is a safer address to deliver to. The address I supplied you has

not been too great with delivery's, some coming through damaged or me

having to go across the city to get it.

Another change, I bought the memory as a Dual Channel kit, 2x512mb. Only

the one stick is faulty. Should I send them both back to make sure I get

a matched pair, or can you safely say you can replace it with an almost

identical piece?

I will send the package off ASAP, I want to have it gone by Tuesday, if

I do not get a reply by then, I will send both sticks.

Sorry for any inconvenience, Thank you

-Ashley

-------------------------------------------------------

I have removed the delivery address and e-mail for privacy reasons, if you wish, I can forward a copy of the e-mail to you VIA e-mail.

The memory was sent to the new address instead of the one stated in the RMA, so someone definatly made the changes.

I do not like your approach of telling me to ring an international number (I live in the UK) to amend a mistake you made. It must have been obvious that if you recive two sticks that you send two back!

In the mean time, I NEED you to tell me if I can open the memory you have sent me, since I have a computer which is unable to function at ALL without it.

• Corsair Employees

They should have called you by now!

Edit: I just spoke to another person and they will call you shortly if it has not been done already.

2nd Edit: I just spoke to Kim and she told me the phone number we have for you is not working for some reason and I asked her to send you an email ASAP!

You filled out your RMA request for a quantity of one that is why you got one module back!

Please call them at 888-222-4346 and dial "0"!

Hmm. If I selected that on page (B) of the RMA request form, I can't page (B), and I don't see anywhere where I explicitly said that I was only going to return 1 DIMM -- I just did what I was recommended by the form, but again, I don't remember agreeing to only send one DIMM. I was afraid (probably unwarranted) that there would be a problem if I didn't send them both back and ended up with two DIMMs that didn't like working together. Unlikely, but you never know.

Anyway, thanks for the phone number -- I left a message (which I did the other day, too) and hopefully I will get this straightened out.

Regards,

Simon.

Simon

Please just keep calling them they will help you get this sorted out!

I did. I spoke to a nice lady Friday afternoon who took my USPS delivery / tracking number, and then promptly disappeared back into the black hole of technical support. She said she would call me back...I'll give it another day or so before I call again.

So I _still_ haven't heard anything (although I was not expecting anyone to call today :-). No email, no phone calls, and I'm still missing my other 1GB of RAM :-( Well, I am _pretty_ sure that we haven't missed a phone call, but our son did manage to erase all the messages off our answering machine while pressing random buttons the other day...

I am sorry I can’t check it for you right now, please bump this in the morning and I will check for you or call our customer service at 510-657-8747 or 888-222-4346 Ext "0".

No worries. It's been straightened out. I just received an email from technical support notifying me that my other DIMM was found and is being shipped back.

Thank you very much for all the help! :-)

Regards.

Simon.

Archived