Corsair Community

Ram maybe dead, Please advise

Treax7

Hello, I think my ram may be dead or there is something wrong looking for your advice on what to do.

Ram type: Corsair XMS 2gb (2 x 1gb) 184-pin DDR400(pc3200) duel channel kit model TWINX2048-3200PRO

Started today Dec 19th 06 at about 8:30am pst computer shut off, I tried turning it back on but would start and then shut down when the lights on the ram went on. At first i thought it was a power supply problem so i tryed another power supply i had and knew worked correctly but again no luck. I tryed starting computer with no HDs but same thing start up ... 1 to 20 seconds later turned off try multiple attempts of starting computer with different parts installed that i knew were in good working order with same effect until i tryed starting with out the 2 DIMMs installed on the mother board(did not have ram that i could switch in to test) then the computer would start and stay on. also attempted moving the 2 DIMMs to the other 2 slots on the MoBo and same effect of start up and then shut down.

I assume it is the ram from what i have encountered and if it is i would like to use the warranty on them but any advice would help

Thank you,

-Bob

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have (Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3"), and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived