Corsair Community

3rd 2GB 133x card dead

Nat

Hello, this is my 3rd 2GB card that breaks, same symptoms as the previous one, the small plastic separators between the contacts break rendering the card unreadable with certain readers. I'm starting to wonder if the problem will reoccur with all the replacement cards. As with the other cards, I had this card for a very short time, around 2 months, this kind of physical wear is not normal after such a short period... I also use an ATP 2GB card that works great and I can see that the little plastic separators are thicker than the ones on the Corsair card. I also noticed by reading other forum posts that I am not the only person with this problem. I have been very happy with Corsair support, prompt and friendly, but I can't keep sending cards all the time like this. Anything Corsair could do to solve this problem ?

Thank you very much.

Hello, this is my 3rd 2GB card that breaks, same symptoms as the previous one, the small plastic separators between the contacts break rendering the card unreadable with certain readers. I'm starting to wonder if the problem will reoccur with all the replacement cards. As with the other cards, I had this card for a very short time, around 2 months, this kind of physical wear is not normal after such a short period... I also use an ATP 2GB card that works great and I can see that the little plastic separators are thicker than the ones on the Corsair card. I also noticed by reading other forum posts that I am not the only person with this problem. I have been very happy with Corsair support, prompt and friendly, but I can't keep sending cards all the time like this. Anything Corsair could do to solve this problem ?

Thank you very much.

I too have noticed the Corsair SD cards are physically frail. It feels flimsy and not as rigid as my ATP or SanDisk.

I had a 1GB 133x Corsair SD and the glue/weld for the two halves split apart while putting in the protective case and it is in the process of getting returned.

Archived