Corsair Community

RMA Status Request

aesop

I checked status via phone, as RAM Guy has suggested to others and it is quite painless and efficient.

(888) 222-4346, 0 for operator

For those of you reading this to get an idea of others status...

This RMA is for:

TWINX2048-3200C2PT - 1 bad module, RMA'd both.

I was informed that for this RAM there is a "Backlog", i.e. out of stock

This is an upgrade, so I still have a running machine, just not as spectacular as I'd like. "Patiently", I await the email with the anticipated delivery date...

By end of day, I got a reply. Product has been allocated and should ship today. UPS 3 Day delivery. No trackin number yet, but... we will see.

Again a painless process.

I would have to say that there are 2 things I am confused about, RAM GUY.

1. If the guy on the phone could answer my question in "2 seconds flat", why isn't there an automated email that can tell me the RMA'd product has been received, I have to provide an email anyways?

2. Why didn't I receive some form of notification that the product was not immediately available?

Both of these things would greatly clear up the forum as well as give the warm and fuzzies to a whole lot-o-people who dropped some $ and have to return it...

• Corsair Employees

1. If the guy on the phone could answer my question in "2 seconds flat", why isn't there an automated email that can tell me the RMA'd product has been received, I have to provide an email anyways?

A: That is in the works, it’s not as easy as you might think with the security risks it makes it much harder. Unfortunately there are too many people who would or do take advantage and security is a big issue!

2. Why didn't I receive some form of notification that the product was not immediately available?

A: Again that is in the works to auto notify customers of impending orders.

Shipped when they said and I recieved today. So far no problems.

Great job on the RMA.

1 question RAM GUY, my mb has a 2.7 and a 2.8 setting. This ram is 2.75, will I see a difference running at 2.8, (real is more around 2.75 - 2.78) What's the threshold for dangerland?

BTW, let me have a crack at it, it won't be the first enterprise integration site of its kind I have written.

I recieved the ram, installed it, tested it, clocked it, kicked it and all is well with the world!

Summary:

If you think its bad ram test it. Read about memtest86+ then Get It

If it fails, just RMA it.

Ship with a tracking number and insurance.

After confirmed arrival at corsair, wait 48 hrs and then check status, requesting email updates.

RAM GUY is praying for the automation, but until then just keep buggin him. Maybe he can get some contracted help for the guy Wired knows. ;):

I will definately buy corsair again. Simply because the RMA was nice and smooth.

Archived