Corsair Community

Questions about the Nautilus 500

hawk87

I was just enlightened to the Nautilius 500 earlier today when one of my friends recieved one as an early Christmas present. He has it installed on a Dell Dimension 8400 with a 3.0 Ghz LGA 775 Pentium 4 and it really cooled his ambient computer temperature down by a good amount (no temp specs right now). But my question is how well will it cool a Socket 939 AMD Athlon64 x2 3800+ and how easy is it to install.

This will be my first liquid cooling attempt so I want it to go smoothly. I live in the hottest room in my house and even with the window open and air vent closed in the winter my processor can still reach very hot temperatures with a Zalman 9500AlCu cooler. Don't even ask about summer time.

Thanks,

hawk87

The Nautilus 500 should be able to handle 500 watts of heat. It should have no problem at all cooling your CPU. Heck, you have enough headroom you could probably water cool your video also (depending on your video setup). Installation for CPU only is a snap. You should have no problems installing it yourself. I run an internal Corsair Cool kit but I am planning on getting the Nautilus 500 to replace my aging HydroCool 200EX on my wife's computer.

Thats good to know about the cooling of the CPU, but I have a single BFG 7800 GT as my graphics card. How effectively will the Nautilus 500 cool that along with the CPU? Also, I've been looking at Danger Den products for my graphics card liquid cooling needs. BFG uses these on their new 8800 series cards and I hear that their other products are very good.

The Nautilus should be able to handle both your cpu and video card. You won't see as good as temps as you would just cooling the CPU but your temps should be more than OK. Danger Den makes a fine GPU/MEM cooler. I am using the Koosha on my 7900gt. A bit pricey though but very good quality.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had my Nautilus for nine months now with no issues. I added a block for my frequently overclocked ATI card when I installed it and I have never had any issues. Playing Oblivion my GPU is in the low 40s and my CPU is in the mid 40s while recoding video. With a huge Thermaltake heatpipe, I think the CPU was routinely in the upper 50s, low 60s under stress.

BB

Archived