Corsair Community

Twinx2048-3500ll & Asus P4c800

pimmelmann

hello!

i thinking about buying a dual channel kit "Corsair TWINX2048-3500LL" based (as i've read) on Infineon BE-5 chips. but i never seen the review about these DDR modules running on old i875 platform. so i feel a bit of uncertainity.

had anybody tested these memories on ASUS P4C800-E motherboard?

tell me the results please.

also i hope to run TWINX2048-3500LL at 250Mhz (=DDR500=PC4000) with 2.5-3-3-7 (or 2.5-3-3-6) latencies - i think it is possible on A64 platform. is it possible on i875 ?

thank you beforehand.

I can not see why you would not be able to make 250Mhz on these modules at 2.5-3-3-7.

However, these are rated to PC3500 and are guaranteed to run at a perfectly stable 433 MHz while using an aggressive CAS latency of 2 and command rate of 1T at a stock 2.5 volts. That is the guarentee of this dram and anything above it is a plus, not a guarentee.

Now you should have no problem with this dram making 2.5-3-3-7 1T at 2.8V in my opinion, but should you buy it and it does not error in memtest at the PC3500 rating then you do not have an RMA case if it will not make the 250MHz PC4000 you desire. If you demand such a guarentee, then I advise you to move to PC4000 memory so that if it does not do 250Mhz, you can RMA it.

This reviewer only was able to make 248Mhz at 2.8v,

http://www.thetechlounge.com/article/115-3/Corsair+PC3500+XMS+Memory/

thank you for so quick response.

you advice me to move to PC4000 memory modules, but all Corsair XMS DDR modules i know (like TWINX1024-4000), has guaranteed timings 3-4-4-8 only at 250Mhz - this is too slack timings for me.

i believe that TWINX1024-4400C25 (TCCD based modules) can do 2.5-3-3-7 at 250Mhz, but i live in Russia, and i can't buy these modules here. also i can't buy any TWINX1024-3200XL kits too - the XMS XPERT kit TWINXP1024-3200XL is a DDR kit of my dream, but i cant find it here in Russia - so i started look to available here TWINX2048-3500LL (i need 1Gb of RAM only, but i do not want TWINX1024-3500LLPRO because they use Winbond chips instead of Infineon).

can you tell me does Corsair still produce any 3200XL modules at this moment?

btw, it's very sad, that we have no really good Corsair products distribution here in Russia - i am big fan of Corsair products (not only memories but also power supplies.

and thank you for the link with test of 3500LL on i875 platform, but this test was done with CMX512RE-3500LL modules that based on different RAM chips.

i know that modules based on Winbond RAM chips are compatible with i875 because i used Winbond BH5 based DDR modules on my M/B earlier. i have doubts about good compatibility of Infineon chips with my P4C800-E.

also this test is not too good, because author did all the overcloking tests with only one DDR module (in single-channel mode for better stability). and author did not tried CL=2.5 timings - he tried too aggressive CL=2.0 timings only.

I'm not certain if there are any 3200XL's made anymore. I didn't really advise you to move to the 4000 modules. I was just meaning that if you wanted guarenteed speed then you had better buy the modules that guarentee that speed you desire.

Otherwise it is a dice throw. Thanks for the heads up on the modules that were tested. I had not seen the difference.

I think that RamGuy would be the person to deal with this post. I am sorry but I am just not knowledgeable enough to steer you in the right direction.

Archived