Corsair Community

system crashes when i use two memory sticks

ScottKC

i just built a new system with the following memory:

CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 675

i would get a blue screen of death when trying to install windows with both sticks in. i took one out and it installed fine. both sticks work when separate. but when i put in both, regardless of configuration (dual channel 1/2 or separate channels) my computer crashes and resets before windows even loads.

this is my motherboard:

ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard

its max RAM voltage is 1.95V. i have it on that setting now.

has anyone seen this before?

this is my entire system:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+(65W) Windsor 2.2GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADO4200CUBOX - Retail

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Sunbeam NUUO SUNNU450-US-BK ATX12V/ EPS12V 450W Power Supply - Retail

CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM BFGR76256GTOCE GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived