Corsair Community

Please help Ram Guy!

Mewen

I have a problem. I hope it's a small problem and not a large one.

I received a matched pair of Corsair RAM as a gift for my birthday in August. I know it was new, as I watched when it was opened from the package and installed in my system.

Back in late October, my system just 'stopped working' one day. I had no idea what was wrong with it and it sat for a while, until finally (just recently) I took it to someone to have it looked at and hopefully diagnose what is wrong with it.

Turns out, one of the sticks of RAM is bad.

Now I know Corsair offers a lifetime warranty, but honestly, I have no way of knowing where the RAM was purchased, or when exactly, as it was a gift. The only thing I know for sure is that it was a new.

Can anything be done to help me? Is it still possible to RMA this RAM? I really can't afford to replace this set myself, I could barely afford to get the PC looked at.

Please help!

-Merideth

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, just curious.

I sent my defective RAM out Monday the 18th of December (via priority mail, 2-3 day ship) including the RMA number and case number and all that.

I've still not received a package from Corsair, is this normal? Is there some way I can track the status of my case so I don't have to bug you guys about it?

If not, I'll just wait patiently.

I just thought it was supposed to be processed in 24 hours, then shipped 3 day. I may be confused with something else though, there is always that possibility :P

Thanks for your time once again.

Archived