Corsair Community

4gigs of ram on a Asus P5AD2-E Premium Mobo

busmech

My question concerns putting 4 gigs of ram on this board. My Asus Manual says it will take 4 gigs of ram. I want to put 4 gigs on this board. The configurator recomends these models TWIN2X2048-5400C4 or TWIN2X2048-6400C4. I would like to know, do I buy two sets of one of these. (Which one of these would you recomend? Not going to be overclocking.) Or is there some other way to get 4gigs on this board. I've read a lot of mixed post on this matter. I figure if they state that much ram can be installed it should be able to be done, should'nt it? I have an Intel 550 (3.4g) processor on it also. I am pulling the old ram out and replacing it with hopefully one of these models. I would like to get it done by Christmas. Your input would be greatly appreciated and helpful.

Thanks, Don

I purchase two sets of these? are there conserns I need to worry about like rev. #s or anything? I guess I'm a little gunshy after reading some of the other post on putting 4gs on their boards and using these twin type modules. Yes I am aware of the fact WinXP only shows about 3.52 or something like that.

thanks Don

Archived