Corsair Community

Warranty help - What's next?

phagomaniac

Hi, we have 2x512MB Corsair DDR400 Value Select RAM (VS1GBKIT400) that we purchased which has developed some errors. We have run MemTest86 and MemTest86+. To test it, we ran both memory tests using the following configurations one stick at a time:

* Asus P4P800S-X Board 1 with Intel P4 3GHz FSB 200MHz. Errors Found

* Asus P4P800S-X Board 1 with Intel Celeron 2.4GHz FSB 133MHz. NO errors

* Asus P4P800S-X Board 2 with Intel P4 3GHz FSB 200MHz. Errors Found

* Asus P4P800S-X Board 2 with Intel Celeron 2.4GHz FSB 133MHz. NO Errors

* Asus P4B533-E with Intel P4 2GHz FSB 100MHz. NO errors.

* Asus P4G8X P4 2.8GHz @ 3GHz FSB 142MHz. NO Errors.

Errors seem to occur when the RAM is running with a FSB of 200MHz. All systems have only ever been run with default CMOS/BIOS settings, with the exception of the 2.8GHz (which the RAM has never been in before the tests).

Also, some identical specification DDR400 RAM was also tested in all configs above with no errors detected in any configuration.

Could you please advise as to what we should do now? Is it possible to get the modules repaired/replaced?

• Corsair Employee
In a MB that supports DDR400 with an 800 FSB CPU please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Bios is up to date, USB legacy off and DDR reference voltage is set to 2.568 (boards maximum). Unfortunately errors are still reported.

I also at first thought it was a problem with my system which is the reason I ran so many tests. The only problem with my tests was that I was unable to swap CPU for something else that ran at 200FSB - however I did use some other DDR400 (it wasn't corsair though) in the same system without errors being reported.

I will proceed with the "I think I have a bad part" link in your signature. Thanks for your help.

• Corsair Employee

I would check for the latest bios and see if it will let you set the Voltage to 2.75 Volts as that would most likely solve the problem from what you have posted. But I have no problem replacing the modules if you like!

Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! And please note that you are from the forum!

Archived