Corsair Community

VS1GB533D2 + Shuttle SD11

nctsw

Hi there,

Is this combination (VS1GB533D2 + Shuttle SD11) incompatible?

Unless specified otherwise, these are the settings for the system: latest SD11 BIOS, BIOS failsafe defaults loaded, and memory timings set to "By SPD". System is currently undergoing Prime95 small FFT torture test, 3 hours and running, no errors.

Issue 1:

cpu-z v1.38 and memtest86+ v1.65 both read the memory speed as 150MHz (DDR2-300) if the memory is in DIMM1, and 100MHz (DDR2-200) in DIMM2. In addition, memtest reports the timings as 4-3-3-9 in DIMM1, and 3-2-2-0(10?) in DIMM2, whereas cpu-z reports it at 4-3-3-9 in either DIMM1 or DIMM2. By default, the memory speed is set to DDR2-400, but clearly the actual speeds are not such. The timings can be manually set to 4-4-4-12. The system will not POST if the memory speed is set to 333MHz, Auto, or 533MHz.

This does not seem right.

Issue 2:

Aside from this particular issue, memtest consistently comes up with 1 error on test 6 at the 722.9M mark, no matter what slot the module is in, what timings are set, etc.

Could someone please help?

Thank you.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

As I said in my first post, latest BIOS and BIOS defaults were loaded. There is no option in the BIOS to increase memory voltage or to disable legacy USB. This is the only DDR2 system and memory module I have currently, so I cannot test it elsewhere.

As well, the memory error is consistent, irrespective of BIOS settings or DIMM slot used.

Do you have any idea why the memory may be running at DDR2-200, instead of DDR2-400 or DDR2-533?

Thank you.

• Corsair Employees

That might suggest a bios problem, I would check with Shuttle and see if they can help you how to test your system.

But I have no problem replacing the module if you want to try that!

Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! And please note that you are from the forum!

Archived