Corsair Community

Toshiba Satellite A20 Laptop

mal7

I have a 2 year old Toshiba Satellite A20 with 512MB ram, and I wish to replace this Ram with 2GB corsair.

The ram I have chosen is 2 sticks of CMSS1GBR72-266, PC-2100 ECC DDR Ram.

Before I place the order could someone please confirm that this is the correct Ram for an A20?

Many thanks

Mal Sellars

I would check the Corsair Memory Configurator by clicking here

I'm not certain about your choice as ECC dram usually is not reserved for notebooks. Registered DRAM is usually reserved for server use.

I think RamGuy needs to look at this post as your Toshiba Satellite specs show that you can in point of fact might be able to use 1GB modules and the configurator does not reflect such modules. It says max memory is 1GB though and then goes on to say that the max SO-Dimm is 1GB so you might not be able to make the 2 X 1GB and only 2 X 512MB.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_outFrm.jsp?moid=429795&ct=DS&soid=638246&BV_SessionID=@@@@1504936615.1165828388@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfaddjiihiflfcgfkceghdgngdgnn.0

He can very likely give you the advice you need.

I would check the Corsair Memory Configurator by clicking here

I'm not certain about your choice as ECC dram usually is not reserved for notebooks. Registered DRAM is usually reserved for server use.

Thanks for your reply but this particular Ram was not listed, hence my query.

I have even contacted Toshiba without success regarding this.

In summary, I am trying to update my Toshiba Satellite A20 to 2 GB of Corsair Ram

If anyone can suggest the correct model I'd be most greatful

Mal

Thanks for your reply but this particular Ram was not listed, hence my query.

I have even contacted Toshiba without success regarding this.

In summary, I am trying to update my Toshiba Satellite A20 to 2 GB of Corsair Ram

If anyone can suggest the correct model I'd be most greatful

Mal

PS

The model of my laptop is Toshiba Satellie A20, model PSA20A-06656P. Doing a search on the memory configurator, I came up with CMSS512MB-266SOD . As I need 2GB and my laptop only has 2 slots, are there any compatible 1GB sticks available?

I have left a message for RamGuy to look at this post. He works here Mon-Fri and working hours. From all I can come up with, it seems as though your maximum is 1024 in 1 slot or 512MB in two slots with the maximum being 1024MB.

Please check back tomorrow :)

I have left a message for RamGuy to look at this post. He works here Mon-Fri and working hours. From all I can come up with, it seems as though your maximum is 1024 in 1 slot or 512MB in two slots with the maximum being 1024MB.

Please check back tomorrow :)

thanks Derek, but the A20 owners manual states that this laptop will accept 128,256,512 or 1GB memory modules in the 2 memory slots, for a maximum of 2GB system memory (PC2100,DDR)

I'll await Ramguys advice as you suggested

regards

Mal

Archived