Corsair Community

Abit KN9 Ultra - best non-OC BIOS settings?

lesmond74

Hi,

I just built a new system (see profile for specs). I'm not an overclocker but I like to get as good performance as I can with a standard setup.

I flashed up to the latest v16 BIOS for my m/b. My DIMMs are installed in slots 3 & 4, running in Dual Channel mode. I have my RAM timings at 5-5-5-15. The command rate is set to 2T and the voltage at 1.9V. I did read here that a guy with a similar setup was recommended to run the voltage at 2.1, but I thought that was a little high. I did 5 passes of memtest86 v1.65 (nearly 4 hours) at these settings without any errors.

Should I just leave everything as it is, or follow the recommendation for 2.1V? I haven't tried the default 1.8V but if that works without errors, is it a good idea to drop it back to that?

My other RAM settings in BIOS look like this (I don't know what many of them mean, TBH) -

Bank Interleaving - Enabled

DQS Timing Training - Skip DQS

CKE Base Power Down Mode - Enabled

CKE Base Power Down by - Channel

Memclock Tri-Stating - Disabled

TwTr Command Delay - 3 Clocks

Trfc0 for DIMM1 - 75ns

Trfc1 for DIMM2 - 105ns

Trfc2 for DIMM3 - 75ns

Trfc3 for DIMM4 - 75ns

Write Recovery Time (Twr) - 5 Clocks

Precharge Time (Trtp) - 2 Clocks

Row Cycle Time (Trc) - 19 Clocks

RAS to RAS Delay (Trrd) - 3 Clocks

Memory Hole Remapping - Enabled

Auto Optimize Bottom IO - Enabled

And from the 'SoftMenu Setup' -

CPU Speed - Default (2.2GHz)

CPU External Clock - 200MHz

Multiplier Factor - x11

PCIe Clock - 100MHz

Voltages -

CPU Core - 1.2V

DDR2 RAM - 1.9V

DDR2 Reference - 0.0%

MCP55P - 1.2V

Hyper Transport - 1.2V

Is this good for standard operation? Or should some others be changed besides the RAM? Thanks in advance for your help.

I wouldn't increase the voltage to the dram if you are running it at stock. The modules are tested to run at stock with the value corresponding. The voltage at 1.9 vs 2.1 at the same settings otherwise will extract no performance benefit and will increase your DIMM thermal output since additional voltage will increase temperatures.

I personally would set your CR (Command Rate) to 1T (Tick) as you will find a decent increase in system performance.

I wouldn't increase the voltage to the dram if you are running it at stock. The modules are tested to run at stock with the value corresponding.

But would stock on my m/b be whatever came up as default in the BIOS (ie. 1.8)? I upped it a tad, because I've found in the past that it's needed with Corsair RAM, even the value stuff. Like I said, I haven't tried memtest with the voltage at 1.8, but if it runs without errors at that default, should I drop it back to that?

I personally would set your CR (Command Rate) to 1T (Tick) as you will find a decent increase in system performance.

Thanks. I'll try that.

Like I said, I haven't tried memtest with the voltage at 1.8, but if it runs without errors at that default, should I drop it back to that?

I think that you will be fine at 1.9v. It never hurts to make a minimal increase such as that and might (when put to full load) increase your system stability.

I think you are correct in making such a move.

• 6 years later...
hello, i am from croatia, and i have old motherboard abit kn9 ultra, and abit kn9s. i cannot find anywhere update for bios (i have vers. 1.4)!!! can i get from you vers.1.6 or 1.8, because my memories double sided not working. i have two plates with 2+2 g,and its shows only 4g!!!thanks for answer!

Archived