Corsair Community

Problem P5B DeluxeWiFi and Corsair TWIN2X2048-5400 C4

bfoul

I've read the posts about the problems with P5B Deluxe and CorsairTWIN2X2048-6400 : it seems that the CAS specified by SPD are not correct.

My config :

P5B Deluxe WiFi BIOS 804

Intel Core 2 Duo 6400

Corsair TWIN2X2048-5400 C4 667MHz

I've tried Dim Voltage up to 2.0 V

and CAS 5-5-5-15 and 18, and 4-4-4-12/15 and 18 etc ... (I don't understand the other parameters but I've tried many as in the long post for 6400 memory).

Well, I have errors with memtest, of course my system crashes a lot (blue screen).

Did anyone try other CAS settings with that memory ?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Please follow the link in my signature for the tested settings and I would Change ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15 and then test the modules again with the Voltage set to 2.1 Volts and the tested settings set manually! Then test with http://www.memtest.org to be sure! Also please note that you have to Disable Legacy USB in the bios when running http://www.memtest.org with this MB!

well ... thanks, it's on the way ...

Memtest is OK (2 passes) with 5-5-5-15-6-42-10-10-10-15 and 2.1V, but with 266Hz (ratio 1:1, so 533 MHz RAM i think).

I still have errors at 333 MHz (667 MHz RAM) !

Is it time to give up trying to run my system with 667 MHz memory ?

I don't want to overclock, i just don't want any more random shutdowns.

Or does someone have any solution to suggest ?

Thanks

Thank you very much,

But i'm sure that will not resolve my problem because i've tested them on a P5WDH, and they work great.

I've also tryed another pair of corsair 5400 (from a friend) on my P5B deluxe, and have the same problem (in fact it's worse : it doesn't pass memtest at 533 MHz) !

Maybe it's the mobo ? But yesterday I've tested 1 Go of Kingston 5300 KTD-DM8400B/1G (just one stick, 667 MHz and timings by SPD), and it work great !

Can i conclude i have a dual channel problem on my P5B ?

I'll try testing one by one the sticks of my corsair twin 5400 tonight at 667MHz, and I will post the results.

Other thing : I've read many posts about corsair 6400 and P5B Deluxe on several forums. Everywhere it seems there are problems with timings, and people solve them with strange values.

Are you sure sure it's not the same with the 5400 version ?

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Please start your own thread and lets try to solve the problem. Thou you have the same type of issue your CPU and memory atre not the same and might be some other issue. First thing would be the CPU you have you will need to run the memory at 200 Mhz.

• 5 weeks later...

i've change my mobo for a brand new one (thanks to LDLC France) !;):

:mad: AND NOTHING CHANGES !!!!!!!!!:mad:

i can't wait anymore : i need a solid PC, so i'm running 533 MHz !

if you find a solid solution, please send me an email.

thank-you ramguy

Archived