Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-8N SLI and TWIN2X2048-5400C4PT

nology

• Corsair Employees

Can you be more specific? They "wont work" could be a lot of things!

And the fact the modules will run properly one up would suggest some other problem. I would suggest testing them in another system to be sure! And are you setting the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts?

That was fast.... The problem i had was the computer wouldnt boot.

But never mind. I finally got it to boot. After a month of trying with "Oh See Z" 2gb and then a week of trying with Corsair, I finally got it working. I played around with the bios a bit after my first post.

The only problem now is that in the bios the memory says 2048 but when i boot my computer properties says 1.75 ghz. Any ideas??? Thanks

Still cant believe...my last two months with this memory problem (RMA and all) has been horrible and now i think its finally done. :D:

Another problem has come up...

Since i got the system to boot with both sticks now,

1.While using windows, sometimes the pc just turns off by itself

2. Or sometimes I get a blue screen error

3. Or sometimes the pc just freezes at boot

I have the voltage set to +.3v, and I changed the timings from 5-5-5-15-19 (2T) to 4-4-4-12-19 (2T)

Any ideas why this may be happening?

i changed the ram timings back to 5-5-5-15 2T and the system seems more stable now....

but when I right click 'my computer' and click 'properties', it still shows 1.75GB of ram...Bios shows the correct amount of ram which is 4.xxGB (i installed another 2GB kit).. Any ideas??

And are there any programs i can use to tell how much memory i have installed? (apart from memtest) I want a program i can use in windows. thanks

• Corsair Employees

Again that maybe normal and with WinXP 32-bit any application will not have access to more than 2.0 Gig of memory!

By the way was this a fresh install of the O.S. on this MB or did you carry the Install over from another system?

Yes it was a fresh install...

So with my Windows 32bit version, it doesnt make sense to use more than 2GB ram?

But i still cant understand why it would say 1.75GB of Ram. It even happens when i use two different brand 1gb sticks of memory in single channel.

...the last pc i built had 2GB and it showed it properly in Computer properties.

Archived