Corsair Community

Motherboard for TWINX1024RE-3200LL?

guge

I have two kits of TWINX1024RE-3200LL leftover, after my Iwill DN800 died.

I like the compatibility searching where you search for RAM for a specific motherboard, but this time I'd like to do it the other way around. Is it possible to produce a list of compatible motherboards for my RAM?

I also have two Socket-604 Xeons gathering dust, so that would be my socket of choice for said motherboard.

I think in your situation that I'd start looking at motherboard, get a list of what I wanted to see integrated in it and then check for compatibility to narrow down the list. Most of the ASUS or MSI motherboards should be compatible with those modules while the server-only brand boards will be more stringently adhered to JEDEC modules. At least that's the way it seems.

PLUR

CK

I'd like any card that has dual socket 604, and I have gone through a list of the cheaper Asus cards. It seems that very few of them support ECC.

The cheapest S604 card on the Norwegian market is Intel 'Bryson' SE7501BR2. My RAM is not on the Intel list for this board and Corsair suggests other products for it. However, it uses DDR-266 REG/ECC so I guess it COULD work, and it's only about US$ 100, so it is very cheap for a server board.

Any recommendations?

• 2 months later...
The ASUS NCCH-DL has always been a favorite of mine and I've seen several people run the 3200LL's on it. You might try looking at that. FWIW, you WILL NOT find a $100 board that'll make use of your memory unless it's on eBay, etc.

PLUR

CK

I bought the NCCH-DL and I'm confused about putting registered RAM on it when the documentation says it needs unregisterd RAM, can I fry something if I try it and it doesn't work?

I'd hate to let out the magic blue smoke that makes everything work...

My specs aren't really updated, but I have a dual opteron system. It is a supermicro H8DCi with two Opteron 270's on it.

I have 4*512MB on it, Kingston KVR400D8R3A/512.

I tried to add my TWINX1024RE-3200LL in the slots farthest from the cpu's but I got strange memory amounts from them. I.e. not quite 4096 MB, but 3828 MB or something, so I took them out again.

I'll look into the voltage thing. And I'll buy some unreg RAM for the NCCH-DL, which I'm sure is a good product - and I got it at a great price.

Thanks for taking an interest.

Archived