Corsair Community

Need Some Help...

Jimoo

Hiya!

I recently set up a new computer and I am having some problems and I believe they are related to my RAM. I would like to iron out any possibilities before I contact anyone about replaceing the part.

It started when I got install errors with programmes, alot of things turned out corrupt. I would install things and I would get install errors like crazy. One of the FAQs on software websites said the errors I was getting was related to my RAM, so I ran the Microsoft memtest to see if I picked up any memory errors, and here are the results:

STRIDE6 -- Succeeded

WMATS+ -- Succeeded

WINVC -- Succeeded

INVC -- Succeeded

LRAND -- Failed

My RAM module is Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400PRO and my BIOS voltage settings are all set to Auto - I tried taking one stick out, and keeping the other one, I did it with both sticks and I still got the same error. It kept failing on LRAND.

Here are pictures of my RAM stats on CPU-Z

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/8105/cp1ru8.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4333/cp2zj2.jpg

Any help would be appreciated!

- James

Hiya!

I recently set up a new computer and I am having some problems and I believe they are related to my RAM. I would like to iron out any possibilities before I contact anyone about replaceing the part.

It started when I got install errors with programmes, alot of things turned out corrupt. I would install things and I would get install errors like crazy. One of the FAQs on software websites said the errors I was getting was related to my RAM, so I ran the Microsoft memtest to see if I picked up any memory errors, and here are the results:

STRIDE6 -- Succeeded

WMATS+ -- Succeeded

WINVC -- Succeeded

INVC -- Succeeded

LRAND -- Failed

My RAM module is Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400PRO and my BIOS voltage settings are all set to Auto - I tried taking one stick out, and keeping the other one, I did it with both sticks and I still got the same error. It kept failing on LRAND.

Here are pictures of my RAM stats on CPU-Z

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/8105/cp1ru8.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/4333/cp2zj2.jpg

Any help would be appreciated!

- James

Hi

I dont know if this is a coincidence or what but I have just bought the exact same memory as you and believe it or not the Cpu-z screen you have posted is identical to mine even down to the year of manufacture that is the speed settings not memory my settings in the memory tab are from top to bottom

373.1 mhz

cpu/7

5.0 clocks

5 clocks

5 clocks

12 clocks

23 clocks

1T

I know this is not much consolation but I tested my memory with mem test and it all seems to check out ok the thing is if your sticks are faulty mine be also very strange that we both have the same speed considering its 800mhz memory ,have you got the memory set to auto in Bios i did have but set the bits that I know to manual didnt make any difference in cpuz though lol I dont know the answerbut I have felt there is something wrong with my ram too,please let me know how you get on ,if you dont mind that is .

If i find anything out i will let you know also.

Kind Regards

Apollo

I believe everything is set to auto, I think it has something to do with the voltage settings. I ran memetest86 and found no errors in my RAM, but when I ran the Microsoft memory test it found errors in LRAN. Really stuck on this one! :confused:

• Corsair Employees
You are using the wrong version of memtest please get it from http://www.memtest.org, second the modules have a minimum suggested voltage of 1.9 volts and I would suggest 2.1 Volts with this MB since you are over clocking. And the settings you stated do not make sence to me, you must manually set the timings and voltage I would set the memory timings to Cas 5-5-5-15 at 2.1 Volts and set the command Rate to 2T and as you over clock you may have to add some voltage to the CPU and chipset. In addition, you may need to disable legacy USB when running any memory test with most ASUS MB's. Please see the link in my signature for the tested settings for reference.

Overclocking? Weird, I never overclocked anything :confused: I don't recall going anywhere near any overclocking options.

I used both the Microsoft mem test and the memtest86 mem test. One said one had errors, the other said it found none. Im a little shakey on what to change when it comes down to voltage, I found an option in the BIOS called "DRAM Voltage" - Thats the correct setting, right?

The options listed are

"900v"

"800v"

"000v"

"100v"

"Auto"

Any suggestions on what to change it to?

Another problem I am having is when I load into games the computer will randomly power down, no BSOD or anything, I think the two problems are linked.

Infact, I'm really not too sure on how to change a couple of the settings you listed above, I'm in BIOS on my other computer but I am stuck on what to change!

T(RAS) I guess goes to 15.. but what happens to T(RC).. is that the SDRAM Write Recovery Time... and where do I change the Command Rate??!

Sorry for the dumb questions but the manual's for a different BIOS release.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

Any setting not listed should be set to Auto or Bios default and TRC is not specified. And with out knowing the make and model of your MB I am not sure what you are seeing. I would suggest contacting the MB maker and ask them to help you with the settings and or for the correct user manual.

Please note that there are more MB makers than I can count on two hands and if its an obscure model I am not sure I will have the information about your MB!

• Corsair Employees

That MB will not support 800 MHz memory and you would need to over clock your CPU in order to run these modules at their tested settings.

I would try and load setup defaults in the bios setup and then set the memory frequency at 667 MHz as long as you have an 800 or 1066 FSB CPU and then set the memory voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the timings to the tested settings for the specific modules you have! XM2S-6400 should be set to Cas 5-5-5-15!

Archived