Corsair Community

ASUS A8N-E w/ 4x corsair xms3200 showing 333mhz?

ajjacktech

recently upgraded my old rig to an A8N-E mainboard and AMD X2 4600+ cpu, using ram from previous system, ran at 400mhz. A8N-E ASUS board autodetects at 333mhz my Corsair cmx256a-3200c2pt ram. When I try the settings suggested of 2-3-3-6-2t/2.5-3-3-6-2t, dram power 7.5v, system will not boot. Have to clear cmos and try again, tried corsair site and ASUS site for settings. Memory is listed as qvl at DDR400 :confused: Any other settings I might try? Is this an undocumented board limitation I missed somewhere in the fine print...? any help would be appreciated :cool:

yes they are the same part# and version. It's very stable at the spd timings at 333mhz, I'm able to function ok. but, they are listed in the mainboard manual by part# as tested at 400mhz by asus. My power supply could be better, so I have ordered a 480 watt power supply with 24amp on the 12volt rail. Perhaps that will help. I will try running one pair at 400mhz, maybe it is a 4 stick limitation. I'll post results, thanks for a reply.

Archived