Corsair Community

Power surge

j_trune

Ok,

so I built myself a computer last April and naturally I chose Corsair RAM. At the time the memory selector on the Corsair home site (where you pick your brand and motherboard) said the most popular choice for RAM with my motherboard was DDR433 even though my motherboard manual says it uses DDR400. I don't know enough to know about issues here, anyways it ended up running fine.

About three weeks ago, my computer was (I think) hit my a power surge (surge protector must have died or something and I didn't know). Anyways my computer wouldn't run afterward so I attempted to find the out the problem here (I originally thought it was the video card). It now seems to be the RAM.

Does the lifetime warranty on Corsair RAM cover this?

Is it a problem that I no longe have the packaging?

Thanks

I have tested them one at a time-just does the same thing as when both are in (see above-first post). I haven't tested other RAM in my system or my RAM in another system because I haven't been able to find anyone with a desktop supporting DDR 400. I am still looking, but I've been asking around/looking for at least a couple of weeks as it is.

• Corsair Employees
Well I have no problem giving you an RMA#, but what you have posted would suggest a problem with the MB before the memory! I would encourage you to see if a friend can test the memory in aother system for you!

Archived