Corsair Community

Corsair needs to either hire more RMA reps or fire some

Pumices

I bought a defective stick of memory, that happens, no big deal. So I sent my memory to Corsair, RMA #R204446. I shipped the ram on the first week of November. I didn't rush the shipment or anything because I wasn't in a big need or hurry for the ram so it might have taken up to a week to get to corsair. It is December and I still have not received a replacement stick. I called the RMA department 4 days ago and they said something was messed up with my RMA and transferred me to Tina where I left a message detailing my problem. She called back shortly and I spoke with her and she said she had to talk to the warehouse about it and she would call me back but it might take a day. So O waited. I still have not received a call. So I called back yesterday and today during business hours and got a answering machine telling me to leave a message and that someone would return by call before the end of business today(Yes, I did leave my phone number). Now I understand that sometimes you will get a bad part, and I am fine with the RMA process, I am even fine with the fact that you guys had some trouble with my RMA, that happens. What I am not fine with is the fact that I have been promised 3 times that I would receive a call back by a certain time period, 2 of those calls have not been returned and the 3rd is getting real close to not meeting the deadline. I would even be fine if Tina called me and said hey I need more time to sort this out. But I find it extremely unprofessional to not call me back like promised. I know there is nothing I can do about it, I could try and contact someone high up in corsair and complain but they won't care. So I will just post it here take it for what it is.

I have left a daily message for the RMA department for 2 business weeks now with no response. I have never gotten a live person, only Tina's voice mail. I routed my call to tech support instead and according to the tech, (I just spoke to him a couple hours ago), Tina no longer works there. However, the phone system routes all RMA calls to her. The RMA department failed to put my tracking number on my RMA in the computer, so the tech guys can't tell me where it is at. They said they would over-night it, and I would have it this last Wednesday. Now it is Friday, no delivery, another weekend with no computer, a job promotion on the line (have to finish a project at home), no tracking number, and no live humans at the RMA department. So I guess I will have to go spend more money on cheap memory, just to get up and running until I get my RMA. Everyone I have dealt with at Corsair has been awesome. Unfortunately, I have not been able to deal with anyone in their RMA department except voice mail boxes.

Found this on another post, hope it helps you. "0" went straight to a person for me, while the "273" (or whatever it says to dial) still goes to Tina's voice mail...

Please call our RMA Department at 888-222-4346 Dial "0" at the automated menu 7:30AM-4:30PM Mon-Fri Pacific Standard.

Yeah I always just pressed "0" but just took me to a voice mail but someone did call me back today just to tell me that tina isn't with the company any more and that he couldn't help me and that he would transfer me to someone who could. He transfered me to the exact same voice mail box that I left the message he used to call me. I dunno sounds like they are having some issues in their RMA department which sucks for us but lets just hope they get it worked out soon.

I have left a daily message for the RMA department for 2 business weeks now with no response. I have never gotten a live person, only Tina's voice mail. I routed my call to tech support instead and according to the tech, (I just spoke to him a couple hours ago), Tina no longer works there. However, the phone system routes all RMA calls to her. The RMA department failed to put my tracking number on my RMA in the computer, so the tech guys can't tell me where it is at. They said they would over-night it, and I would have it this last Wednesday. Now it is Friday, no delivery, another weekend with no computer, a job promotion on the line (have to finish a project at home), no tracking number, and no live humans at the RMA department. So I guess I will have to go spend more money on cheap memory, just to get up and running until I get my RMA. Everyone I have dealt with at Corsair has been awesome. Unfortunately, I have not been able to deal with anyone in their RMA department except voice mail boxes.

Just an update in case anyone is keeping track:

Purchase date: 11-14-06.

Unable to get RMA department on phone, left message, no call back: 11-20-06

Unable to get RMA department on phone, routed to tech support instead. They transferred me to Tina's voice mail. Left message, with 3 phone numbers, no call back: 11-20-06.

Called again several hours later, routed to tech support. He says my account can be flagged for overnight shipping on this RMA, so I should have it by the end of the week (11-24-06) at the latest. I inquire about cross shipping and he says Corsair prefers not to do that, and that having Corsair overnight it will be just as fast. I tell him I have a job promotion riding on a project I have to complete at home, that was supposed to be due the 17th, but I got an extension because my computer went out. Tech tells me all memory is tested before going out, and he has never heard of someone getting 2 bad sticks before: 11-20-06

RMA Approved, Shipped memory to Corsair. Post Office says it would be there 11-23-06, but will be delayed to 11-24-06 because of the holiday: 11-21-06.

Unable to get RMA department on phone, menu routed me straight to Tina's voice mail. Left message with 3 numbers, no call back: 11-21-06.

Unable to get RMA department on phone, menu routed me to Tina's voice mail. Left message with 3 numbers, no call back: 11-22-06.

Called back a few hours later trying to get this cleared up before the holidays. Routed to tech support. Tech support guy said he would transfer me to a live person in the RMA department and not get off the phone until I was speaking to a live person. He transferred me to Tina's voice mail and hung up. I leave my message and three numbers again. No call back: 11-22-06

Called right back and spoke to a different tech. He said they can help me with that in the tech department. He had me explain the whole reason I was RMAing to begin with again, and then also told me he had never heard of someone getting two bad sticks of memory at the same time. He says that I should get it the following Wednesday (11-29-06) at the latest. I explain to him I have a job promotion riding on my computer bein up in time to finish a project by 12-1 and he says there won't be any problem with that: 11-22-06

Post office says memory was delivered and signed for on 11-27-06. I get nothing from Corsair saying they have gotten it or have sent me out my overnight replacement. I call and get routed to Tina's voice mail. I leave a message, and my 3 numbers, and don't get called back. 11-28-06.

I get worried that Corsair hasn't told me they have received my memory, and I did not get mine as I was told I would, so I call again and get routed to Tina's voice mail. I leave a message and my three numbers and never get called back. 11-29-06.

I call right back and get a recording that I should call during normal business hours, that end at 5:30 Pacific. It is only 4:15 Pacific, so I try several more calls with the same result: 11-29-06.

I call again and try the direct extension for the tech support department. The tech tells me my memory was received by Corsair on 11-27-06, and my new memory was shipped out on 11-28-06. He said the tech guys can't flag accounts for overnight delievery, so it was sent normally, and I should have it by Friday 12-01-06 at the latest: 11-29-06.

I get ANOTHER extension from work until Monday 12-4-06: 11-30-06.

I do not get my memory on 12-01-06 and panic. I call Corsair and talk to the techs who tell me it was shipped on 11-28-06. I ask for a tracking number and they say it is not showing up and I will have to talk to the RMA department about that. I tell them my plight with the RMA department and Tina's voice mail, and they say Tina no longer works there, and he will transfer me to someone else. He transfers me to Tina's voice mail: 12-01-06.

I scour the forums and find (as posted above) that you can dial zero instead of the 273 you are told to dial for the RMA department. This takes me tto a great RMA person named Kim. Kim is very nice and professional, and then tells me that my memory was NOT shipped yet, because Corsair is OUT of 6400C4D memory sticks and it is on backorder. I tell her of my now-epic dealings with trying to get this memory and promotion, and she says she will go talk to the people "over there" in person and see if I can get something done TODAY about it. She takes my numbers and says she will call me back. She seems really nice, but I don't hold my breath: 12-01-06.

Kim calls me back! Amazing. The phones DO work in the RMA department. Kim tells me they are completely out and there is nothing I can do. She tells me they don't even have an ETA on when they will get more memory in. She tells me she will, absolutely for sure, call me back on Monday 12-04-06 and have an update for me. I ask if I have any other options and she says no. I ask if I can pay the difference and upgrade to RAM that IS in stock, because I have to have it ASAP. She tells me no, because Corsair does not sell directly to the public. She says I have to sit and wait, but she will call me Monday: 12-01-06.

I have to go drop $200 EXTRA locally for a DIFFERENT brand of RAM just to get my project completed: 12-02-06.

I have to do without sleep for an entire weekend, as this is about a week's worth of work I have to cram into a weekend, after having faith in Corsair: 12-02/03-06.

4:30pm Pacific time, and still no call from Kim. Calling her direct line resulted in voice mail, where I left a message. 12-04-06.

At this point, I want my memory, something better, or simply my money back, so I can go buy performance RAM of a different brand. The cheap RAM I bought locally is fine for a few days, but won't hold up to what I built my system for. I need a replacement, or my money, so I can have my system fully up and running. I do NOT need more "unknown wait time." I do NOT need more bad information on how long it will take. I praised Corsair's customer support in another post when this ordeal was just starting. RAMGUY has been great. The Tech support guys have been great. The actual RMA process has destroyed my opinion of Corsair now, however. Then, while scouring these boards for RMA information, I discover my memory isn't even Micron (what I thought I was buying). Just another let down over a 2-week period of let-downs. I RMA'ed another computer part from this same new computer for something un-related. This was through another company that I won't name here to be polte to Corsair. The COMPLETE process took a week, and there was a holiday in the middle of that one too.

• Corsair Employee

First off I am very sorry for the issue that you seem to be having and I will do my best to help you get this resolved ASAP.

Please send me an email at Ramguy@corsairmemory.com and include a link to this thread and put Attention Ram Guy in the subject line.

Please also include your name address and phone number in the email!

Update: Spoke to Kim again. Still no estimated time for more 6400C4D Ram to come in. Asked about upgrading to the 8500C5D as it states I can in the first Customer Care Sticky Post. She said it it also out of stock with a longer estimated time. Email sent to ram guy as requested.

Not to flame in anyway, but seriously... if i had a huge promotion on the line and it was all riding on me finishing a project on my computer... i think i'd shell out the right around $100 for a single 512mb stick of cheap-o to last me through until the RMA process was complete... i mean c'mon...

I really hope you don't end up blaming Corsair or TheRamGuy for any loss of your productivity/the job that could've been, because that would just be childish.

My 2 cents,

Not to flame in anyway, but seriously... if i had a huge promotion on the line and it was all riding on me finishing a project on my computer... i think i'd shell out the right around $100 for a single 512mb stick of cheap-o to last me through until the RMA process was complete... i mean c'mon...

I really hope you don't end up blaming Corsair or TheRamGuy for any loss of your productivity/the job that could've been, because that would just be childish.

My 2 cents,

Nick Tempelis

512 megs of cheap-o ram isn't realy enough to set up virtual servers using both MicroSoft Virtual Server and VMWare, to compare the deployment of ADS systems. That is why I spent $2,000 on a new system... That I had to get a loan for... Because I DON'T have the nice promotion yet, and even $100 is outside my current range. I had to borrow the $200 for the ram I did buy. I understand that not everyone in the world has financial problems, but please don't tell make the comparison of me being childish to the fact that I am broke. Trust me when I say I would have rather spent the computer money on Christmas for my kids, but am trying to better myself, for their future.

You may also notice that I said the tech support and Ramguy has been great. The only problem I have had was with Corsair's phone system and RMA department.

Please take your non-flaming, yet pointlessly trolling comments elsewhere. Thanks.

512 megs of cheap-o ram isn't realy enough to set up virtual servers using both MicroSoft Virtual Server and VMWare, to compare the deployment of ADS systems. That is why I spent $2,000 on a new system... That I had to get a loan for... Because I DON'T have the nice promotion yet, and even $100 is outside my current range. I had to borrow the $200 for the ram I did buy. I understand that not everyone in the world has financial problems, but please don't tell make the comparison of me being childish to the fact that I am broke. Trust me when I say I would have rather spent the computer money on Christmas for my kids, but am trying to better myself, for their future.

You may also notice that I said the tech support and Ramguy has been great. The only problem I have had was with Corsair's phone system and RMA department.

Please take your non-flaming, yet pointlessly trolling comments elsewhere. Thanks.

HITNRUNXX ignore him, its easy to be a Corsair fanboy when your ram works, and what is wrong with having an expectation that your high end ram should work anyways, good luck on your prodject:):

• Corsair Employee

OK that’s enough please!

HITNRUNXX, has a legitimate complaint and I am doing my best to help him resolve the problem. And he should be the only one posting in this thread unless someone has something to add that will help solve the problem!

• 2 weeks later...
Question: I had a rebate offer on this RAM. However, it wanted it postmarked within 21 days of the purchase date. I did not send it in that early, since it did seemed like I may not be able to get the same RAM again. It is still within 21 days of getting my RMA RAM. Do I still qualify, or am I out of luck? (It is also hard to tell if the rebate is through Corsair, or through Newegg, as the mailing address is "Corsair/Newegg")

Archived