Corsair Community

Defective Corsair 1GB PC2-5300 VS1GSDS667D2

sunoran

I had purchased two 1GB sticks from Corsair for a shiny new MacBook Pro (1.86Ghz Intel Core Duo) on April this year. Everything was working fine, until my computer starting behaving very weird.

• Wrong thumbnails loading for iPhoto [most likely loading in thumbnail information from the disk, but addressing was messed up and... blah blah blah]

• iTunes not being able to save track info back to the disk, even though the mp3 was on the disk., resulting in faulty playlists.. [most likely because as iTunes loaded the playlist, it wanted to write back to the hard drive the track information of the song that was just played... but to realize that the information is corrupt from the memory]

• Overall slowing down... and the computer reporting that it's out of memory even though I don't have any apps running).

It turns out that it was the memory after the test through ProTools... I sent it in to a Genius at the Apple store, and they found out the issue right then and there. I'm positive that the issue was memory, since after I took out the memory, everything returned to normal... just a tad bit slow since I'm missing a gigabyte of memory.

Thanks for reading! I hope to hear from you soon...

Other number on the memory: 0614104-0 -803607

• Corsair Employee
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived