Corsair Community

Bad Ram

baldanct

I have bought this corsair memory: 2x512 xms platinum series ddr550 mhz,pair for dual channels.

At the first time all work ok,after 6-7 mouths, my computer begin to crash and reboot frequently. I have tried a old ram(V-data ddr400) in my computer and the problem was solved, if I retry to put my corsair memory on my computer the problem come back. And I think that my corsair memory are damaged :[pouts:

what do I do?

the part number is:CMX512-440C25PT

the version number is: XMS4404v1.1

the lot number is: 0538031-28

the power supply is an enermax liberty 500w, I have tried to disconnect every peripherals leaving only the masterd hard disk and the power of the motherboards, and the problem persistent, I have also tried whit another power supply (400w) and the problem is the same

For that processor, please set the memory to 200mhz/ DDR400 if the bios allows. Also, run the CPU at 166/533FSB.

I've done memtest, but the problem persistent, yesterday night I've formatted windows and try to reinstall, but during installation there'was error and can't install windows, so i remove my corsair ram and put my old v-data ram,after I reinstall windows and the installation went perfectly,why?

Most likely, the memory is fine if it did not fail Memtest. Memtest is not 100% foolproof but, it is usually very accurate.

Can you please try 2.75v or 2.80v or 2.85v or 2.9v on the memory and see if this helps. This is safe voltage and within warranty specifications.

In this case, you are OCing your CPU and the OC could be unstable. If you are not running the memory faster than 275mhz and it does not fail Memtest, I do not think the memory is bad.

if I try the memory with anoter pc, and if I see that there is the same problem, can I say that the ram is damaged?

That is a good idea assuming the other computer is capable of running the memory properly.

Just so I understand your spex, you have a 533mhz (133mhz FSB) running at a 250mhz FSB? That is a huge OC even for a mobile CPU. I do not think the memory is bad. I think your OC is unstable.

the bus of my motherboard has been set max to 250 mhz,my ram support 275mhz, and i never give more than 2,65 volt, is possible that memtest not return error?

Are you running the V-data memory at 275mhz and also the CPU at 250mhz?

Please completely list the specifications and bios settings you have when you are using the V-data and also a seperate list of the settings when using the Corsair so that we can compare.

Now my configuration is this: bus 230 cpu multipler 10, so cpu speed is 2300mhz, ram is set to 1:1 so 460mhz cas 2.5 4 4 8. With this configuration I try corsair ram and the old v-data ram,with the old v-data there isn't problem, with the corsair ram there is this problem the computer reboot frequently.

I've tested my cpu and is stable untill 2750mhz, I've tested the bus and is stable untill 280mhz, I've tried anoter powersupply. So with the bus at 230 and cpu at 2300mhz, why with my old v-data ram all is ok? and with the same configuration if I use my corsair ram the computer reboot frequently?

untill 6-7 months ago my corsair ram worked perfectly with this configuration: bus 250 multipler cpu 11, speed cpu 2750mhz, 1:1 ddr500mhz, cas 2.5 4 4 8, vram 1,65v

Archived