Corsair Community

Twinx2048-4000PT Doesn't work @500MHz

JT80

Hi,

my hardware specs: Asus A8N5X, A64 X2 4400+, 550W PSU, Corsair TwinX2048-4000PT. I have used many different memory with my mobo/cpu, none of them had problems like these Corsairs, and i guess it isn't about mobo, my XXXXXXXXXs i could run easily @270Mhz. I can run my Corsairs either 2.5-3-3-6 1T @230/460Mhz or 3-4-3-8 1T @240/480MHz, but as they are specsed, they should run 3-4-3-10 1T @250/500MHz. I tryed different kind of settings, no way to reach 500MHz, either computer doens't post or Windows doesn't load. Doesn't work with any voltage settings from 2.6V to 2.9V, no matter what are timings. Tryed with different Amd 64 Cpu and mobo, still didn't work.

It would make me really happy if someone could tell how to get these Corsairs working the way they should.

The correct timings are 3-4-4-8-2T @ 250 Mhz.

Are you sure about that? Because here in Finland every single shop sells these memory kits as 3-4-4-8-1T, and i couldn't find from Corsair's web site anything about 2T. Anyway, if it's as you wrote, im sure that these are last Corsairs i ever gonna buy, and surely gonna tell same thing in every local forums. This memory kit is 1,5 time expensive than any "normal", not "overclocking" memory kit, and what you got for extra money? Memory that doesn't even work as spected. Btw, i tryid setting 1T->2T, didn't help.:evil:

i couldn't find from Corsair's web site anything about 2T
You won't find much about command rate at all, since it's a motherboard setting, not a memory setting. If they don't specify the setting anywhere, you can't assume that they support, test, or guarantee said setting at a particular setting.

You won't find much about command rate at all, since it's a motherboard setting, not a memory setting. If they don't specify the setting anywhere, you can't assume that they support, test, or guarantee said setting at a particular setting.

Yes of course command rate is configured via motherboard, but i guess that you know same thing i know, it's just one of settings that memory can or cant handle. Unfortunately i cant link here any other manufacterer's product support sites (because of the rules), you could see from there that is pretty normal to give info about memory's normal command rate, is it 1T or 2T.

And i dont assume here anything, i just dont like at all when someone is marketing their product with worthless info. Example, i could sell some old rusty car and tell that "yea, it goes 300Mph", and not to tell that it takes 300Mph when dropped from moon. I do nothing with memory that can run DDR500@2T, because DDR430@1T is faster and cheaper, that's my point.

I've been reading many threads here, and your answers are allways the same plaa plaa, command rate motherboard setting, memory wont work DDR550 with your cpu... If Corsair sells memory with some specs, they should work with any mobo/cpu at specs given, or at least tell straighly that they might not work anywhere else than Corsair's own test lab.

Back to command rate, i surely hope that you all know what you write here about any memorys, or is it just Corsair's policy, wondering that...

Corsair does not guarantee 1T, because it is more of a motherboard/cpu issue. Based on history, I would not recommend 1T on A8N5X.

So it's mobo/cpu issue with Corsairs, all other memorys used works fine 1T.

It's still mobo/cpu issue?

Archived