Corsair Community

My drive is messed up? Upgrade?

jwt4000

My drive is reading as a prolific USB flash disk and i cannot read or write anything to it. Most times it says that it needs to be formatted. I know that corsair has a kick butt warrenty and i am going to send it in. But is there anyway that i can upgrade for a lessed cost seince i am sending mine in? Just a thought let me know. please write back. Thanks!!

My drive is reading as a prolific USB flash disk and i cannot read or write anything to it. Most times it says that it needs to be formatted. I know that corsair has a kick butt warrenty and i am going to send it in. But is there anyway that i can upgrade for a lessed cost seince i am sending mine in? Just a thought let me know. please write back. Thanks!!

Prolly doubtful that you can upgrade as everybody else would wanna do that as well. Agree that it's a kick-*** warranty on the drive but it seems that there are quite a few returns based on these forums; hopefully this isn't something that continually repeats itself but was isolated to a part of a production run.

-a

Prolly doubtful that you can upgrade as everybody else would wanna do that as well. Agree that it's a kick-*** warranty on the drive but it seems that there are quite a few returns based on these forums; hopefully this isn't something that continually repeats itself but was isolated to a part of a production run.

-a

We are selling a LOT of these drives as they are performing very well. With any electronic device you are going to see failures. And, since this is a support forum, you are seeing a majority of posts here regarding failures. The defect rate is a microscopic percentage of what we are selling.

We are selling a LOT of these drives as they are performing very well. With any electronic device you are going to see failures. And, since this is a support forum, you are seeing a majority of posts here regarding failures. The defect rate is a microscopic percentage of what we are selling.

Thanks again for this response over the U.S. holiday weekend (obviously on your own dime). It's always a good sign when this kind of clarification can be made for two reasons:

1. I know that Corsair stands behind its product (having my recent RMA experience), and

2. Knowing that the sell to return ratio is miroscopic which always makde you feel better that you made the right purchase to begin with.

Thanks again for your help (and support),

Adrian.

Archived