Corsair Community

Voyager - come with USB cable?

lil87

That's ok. But many of the websites that sell the Voyager flash drives have them listed as having the USB cable included in the ones under 4GB.

Did some of the older verions/models under 4GB come with the USB cable? A review that I read of the 1GB model said it included the cable and showed a picture of it.

• Corsair Employee

FEATURES

* Plug & Play functionality in Windows® XP, 2000, ME, Linux 2.4 and later, Mac OS 9, X and later

* Includes the True Crypt security application allowing for a virtual encrypted drive using AES-256 encryption

* Lanyard, USB cable and driver CD included (not available on 512MB and 1GB models)

* Ten year warranty

That's ok. But many of the websites that sell the Voyager flash drives have them listed as having the USB cable included in the ones under 4GB.

Did some of the older verions/models under 4GB come with the USB cable? A review that I read of the 1GB model said it included the cable and showed a picture of it.

My original 2GB stick came with one but it was recently replaced with a brand new blister-sealed package. The lanyard is still there so I'm thinking the USB cable is as well. I'll check out the contents and let you know on Monday.

To update my post from yesteday... my 2GB replacement from Corsair (2006 packaging and copyright) came with a lanyard, CD, and USB extension cable.

Hope this helps.

FEATURES

* Lanyard, USB cable and driver CD included (not available on 512MB and 1GB models)

That wording is confusing to me. It sounds like the 512MB and 1GB models don't come with the Lanyard, USB cable or driver CD.

So basically, you're saying the 512MB and 1GB models come with the lanyard and driver CD but not with the USB cable? What is the reason for that?

Is there a phone number I can call to confirm this? It really doesn't matter whether it comes with the cable or not but I don't like getting screwed when I buy things. If it's supposed to come with the cable then I want the cable.

Hi lil87,

I believe the confusion lies in the fact that the usb extension did come with the 512, 1GB models. The most recent ones however are not coming with it. So it may happen that whoever you purchase it from may have these cables if they had their stock a while back. As ramguy said, the current models that carry the extension cables are the 4gb and 8gb.

hope this helps.

Jason

• Corsair Employee
Thanks jasonyn. When we first released 512MB and the 1GB there were no 2GB and up available. The 512MBs and 1GBs at that time did come with the extension cable. We have changed the packaging for almost 6 months now. Currently only the 2GB and up come with extension cable.

Archived