Corsair Community

Bad Memory Module

AriZoNaiCe

Just as a preface: I am an end user, though I also own and operate a small consulting business and work as an IT Analyst for a corporation w/ 30,000 + employees.

I have a memory module (VS512MB533D2) that I believe to be bad. I have 2 other modules, of the SAME type, and they are working fine. When this module is in my machine, it simply halts after detecting the Hard Drives...though sometimes before. If the standard BIOS memory test is on, it will tell me that the memory module in ____ location is bad. When I swap it out, with another stick, in the same location, the machine boots fine. As a side note, I have also tried this module in another machine, with a similar result; the computer will not boot.

I am looking to receive an RMA for this module, so that I can get it replaced and have my machine back to full memory. Thank you for your hasty response!

- Brian

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them all replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived