Corsair Community

Best mem for Intel DG965WH (Intel Bundle)

Alceryes

I just received my 'Intel Bundle' which includes the DG965WH motherboard. This MB supports DDR2-800 memory and I'm looking to get 2, 1GB sticks.

The problem is that, from what I've read, there is no way to adjust the RAM voltage (set at 1.8v). Does Corsair have memory that will do DDR2-800 at 1.8v?

• 1 month later...

I too have this question. I just e-mailed Ram Guy. I however just found this thread and I have already ordered the Twin2X2048-6400C4 . I really want this memory or equivalent. Suggestions? Or a new motherboard recommendation?

I thought I read that the faster Corsair was compatible and would just run at a slightly slower speed on some boards. Did not realize voltage was an issue.

I would move to a board such as the P5B-E Deluxe or the Gigabyte 965p-DS3. You will be able to create a far better and quicker system.

I would personally stay away from Nvidia based Intel CPU solutions as I believe that there are more possibilities from problems on those platforms.

Thanks for the response and the recommendation. I read a lot of other posts now and there seems to be issues with the Asus board also. I like asus over gigabyte. I have a little time before completing my build so I will now research further.

Expense wise I would be better returning or exchanging these modules especially since they would be unopened ( not received yet ). I was planning on calling TD and ask for exchange but from what I read the highest quality memory that would work in my DG965wh is the VS memory. Thoughts?

Thanks for the response and the recommendation. I read a lot of other posts now and there seems to be issues with the Asus board also. I like asus over gigabyte. I have a little time before completing my build so I will now research further.

Expense wise I would be better returning or exchanging these modules especially since they would be unopened ( not received yet ). I was planning on calling TD and ask for exchange but from what I read the highest quality memory that would work in my DG965wh is the VS memory. Thoughts?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/Ropey123/NQ_BIOSDG965WH.jpg

Note that in this motherboard there is no setting for voltage.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/Ropey123/bios_custom.png

As you can see, the memory voltage option is hidden, and cannot be unhidden. By default it is set to automatic, but that means 1.8v and higher end DRAM that needs higher volts will not work with this board.

Sorry,

Derek

Thanks for the pics. If I see correctly my thought of using the system builder integrator to unhide the settings will not work as the voltage is greyed out. I searched Tiger Direct and all they seem to have is Kingston memory at 1.8 volt. In a post last year Ram guy indicated corsair might have VS this year. Any thoughts on 1.8 volt memory at PC800?

I will be receiving my modules tomorrow. I searched Tiger Direct and they do not show DDR 677 1.8 volt. I will not even attempt to use the twin c4's. Is there a Twin 677 so I may run in dual mode? Can you provide these to TD or can you suggest another avenue?

Archived