Corsair Community

dual channel errors

tkman

hi

my memory just started producing errors in dual channel (memtest), but works fine in single channel. memtest sometimes shows errors in single channel too, but there are severall passes without. as soon as I plug in my modules in dual channel, there are thousands of errors!!

system:

asus p4p800 deluxe

p4 3.2

twinX 2048 C2

2x cmx 512 c2

one 512 module is dead, but I suspect at least one 1024 to be dead, too.

is this the case or is there a mobo problem??

(ran 2 years with 2x 512 dual channel, and almost one with the complete 3GB dual channel) timings are 2-3-3-6-8, all other settings at auto (don't have the 2T option, just 4 and 8), more errors at spd values

thanks

btw I guess I have to send in all 4 sticks for matching, right?

i did a BIOS update yesterday

bothmodules ran at 2,5-3-3-6 dual channel and 2-3-3-6 singel,one somtimes produced errors.Running them at 2-3-3-6 dual caused errors at 98/99% of test 5 (memtst 1.6) .One module ran through 26 passes at 2-3-3-6 with no errors this night, the otherone gave thousends of errors no matter what frequency i used. I guess module number 2 crashed now! Questions:

May I send all 4 Modules (got one dead 512 too ) with one RAM-number? Could the inability of running at 2-3-3-6 be caused by the defective module?

1st: I mixed them succesfully for almost one year now.

but: th testings I described were done in: one module at a time and one set at a time (the 2.5-3-3-6-thing occured with only the 1024MB-modules in dual channel, the 512 were out!!)

so can this (no 2-3-3-6 although it should work)be caused by the now defective module or not?

and: may I sent the 512 and the 1024 with one RMA?, including the functioning ones for matching?

Archived