Corsair Community

Both Sticks work fine as a single, But Twin is having issues

AtrocityDT

Im having an issue with my RAM from corsair booting up properly when I plug both in. I called the MOBO people and they said to get in touch with Corsair and have them help me adjust the timings.

If the 4 slots looked like this with == being blue and -- being white then my system boots up like this:

==============================

--------------------------------------

RAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRAM (bothare interchangeably working)

----------------------------------------

but when I try and install them as such:

RAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRMARMA

RAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRAMRAM

I get ram beeps. beeeep beep beep.

Please help :) System specs are in my signature.

I did those exact timings.. the two things on my board I could not find were the 800 mhz and voltage adjust. Stuck the ram into the dim 0 slot and still got beeeep beep beep.

Shoud I be able put a single stick into the dim 0 slot and have it boot? Maybe its a faulty dim slot? Dim 3 is where I am required to put a single stick... please enlighten me mr ram guy!

I tried putting them into the two white ones. No dice. My bios is fully updated and its telling me in the ram settings down below ( in light grey ) that my ram is running at 800mz 4 4 4 12 2t those are correct I assume.. on the display for my ram ( its expert ) it says that the ram is running at 373.2M and the voltages are 2.37 and 2.29 (respectively) ... is that bad for this ram?

Kory

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure the DDR voltgae is correctly set to 2.1v. If set correctly then the motherboard is overvolting. You have to find the sweet spot for 2.1v. The displays are correct. Currently you are overvolting the RAM. This is one of the situations that the Xperts are useful.

Hey Ram Guy, I'd really like to toss these 2 sticks in.. but I just can't seem to do it. My rosewill power supply doesnt put out equal voltage to the ram which might be the issue? I set the voltage to 2.075 and on dimm 0 the ram reads 2.19 volts and on dim 2 it reads 2.09 both of those are pretty close.. but in the scheme of things.. not really that close. Are there any suggestions you could leave me with.. perhaps a way to test the dimm 0 slot to see if its bad or something? maybe an option in the bios that i messed up that needs to be reverted or something? I'm at my wits end here, and after 8 hours of testing.. i just can't seem to get the 2 sticks to run together :(

Ok i think i might have figured out the problem. one stick runs at about .1 volts higher than what i tell the mobo to send to it... the other stick is dead on. I've changed slots to check and see if perhaps its the MOBO sending the wrong voltage to the dimm slots.. but its actually one of the sticks. should I RMA?

(I'm going to try and do what your previous post did in a sec, i'll come back with an update)

i can't find the 'write to precharge delay' in my bios... i've checekd all the settings and the closest one i can find is: write data timing control and the options are as such:

auto

no delay

1/96 MEMCLK delay

47/96 MEMCLK delay

is that the right one?

• Corsair Employees

No thats not the cosrrect setting.

Let's get them both replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! And please note that you are from the forum!

Archived