Corsair Community

Memory not working at specified speeds

Logic Zero

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte 965p-dq6 motherboard, and 2 sticks of matched 2gb xms2 6400c5 memory (specified to run at 5-5-5-12 @ 2.1v)

Using the bios' auto memory settings (cpu-z says 5-5-5-18) the ram will run fine (although any speeds other than stock 400mhz and it will crash, annoying when trying to overclock), but when set to 5-5-5-12 @ (1.8v-2.1v) the system will crash during gaming, benchmarking or stability testing.

I decided to update my bios, but have had the same problems with versions F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, and the latest version, F7.

I ran memtest86+ with both memory modules in for 2 hours with no errors.

I will test a single stick tonight, but does this sound like a faulty stick somewhere or am Is the idiot sitting infront of the computer (me) at fault?

Thanks for your time.

-Chris

Hi everyone

Just memtested each ram stick seperately, once stick came up with zero errors, the other came up with 57 errors in 5 minutes. Im actually really happy that there were errors, i have been scratching my head for the past 3 weeks!!!

May i please request an RMA? :D: Hopefully all goes well!!

Thanks dudes

• Corsair Employee

Let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Ram Guy

Contact me thru TSXpress Bellow!

What Corsair Module or Modules will work with my MB?

*NEW* Tech Support Express

I Think I Have a Bad Part. What Do I Do?

What are the correct timings for My Module?

If you have submitted the RMA on line and have not got a reply!

Archived