Corsair Community

Memory for Sapphire PC-AM2RD580..?

MrEggs

Hi,

i'm trying to find out what Corsair memory i should be using with the following setup i'm building for a friend, but the Corsair compatibility checker hasn't got the board model to choose from.

The mobo will be a Sapphire PC-AM2RD580, and we'd like a couple of 512Mb sticks to go with it, preferably matched, obviously.

The PC-AM2RD480 board is on there.. would it be alright to use that as a basis, or can anyone suggest something better (and that works!)?

The CPU, if it helps at all, will be an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+ 2.40GHz.

Hope someone can help. (and soon, we'd like to buy all the bits asap :))

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

I have almost the same motherboard as this guy...

only the Advantage version.

The mobos are sold to take DDR2-800mhz memory, and I was wondering why you could not recommend such memory for this motherboard?

Compatibility issue, or?...

The card is stated to have 2x1Ghz hypertransport...but memory only set to DDR2-800mhz...

Would this mean that we cant use faster memory than DDR2-800 in our motherboards?..or can the motherboards be given a support for better through bios upgrades?...

I am currently struggling to find DDR2-800 6400 memory that is in stock...

I have checked with (imput competing brand censored by forum rules to prevent competition), and their HyperX CL4 6400 DDR2 memories are compatible with the motherboard, but they are apparantly having supply problems. ETA 01 Feb 2007 retailers claim for the matched 2GIG modules...non-valueram.

So...if we look away from money conserns and think compatibility, ....would any of the DDR2-800+ memory from Corsair work WELL with this motherboard?

Toffy

• Corsair Employees
Right now for any of our 800 Mhz modules you would need to make sure the MB you use has the option to set the memory voltage to a minimum of 1.9 Volts (2.1 Volts Suggested) and thats the reason I have not suggested them with this system. I am pretty sure you will need to find memory that will run at 1.8 Volts and I am sorry but at this time that would be VS2GBKit667D2 only!

Seldomly do you find these motherboards receiving optimizations via BIOS unless there are very serious problems. Memory tweaking is not usually going to bring a BIOS revision on these boards.

That is why it is a good reason to purchase boards manufacturers such as ASUS, Gigabyte where their BIOS support is far better than say PC-Chips, or Sapphire, etc.

Archived