Corsair Community

BFG 680i with TWIN2X2048-8500C5 issues

dworley

Ram auto sets memory voltage to 1.85v in BIOS

After Windows installation I was getting frequent BSOD and lockups, after manually setting memory voltage to 2.1v the system has been 100% stable.

What voltage should this memory run at in a non-overclocked system - is this an issue with 680i BIOS?

I dont suppose that you might be so kind as to list your overclock frequency along with spp voltage and ram timings as well as ram subtimings??? I and a few others here would be ever so greatfull :-) Oh and is that dominator 8500?.....and have you dual primed to be sure its totally stable?

I have viewed the test chart for the evga680i and 8500c5d and it still doesnt list sub timings or sli enabled/disabled (assume disabled since they only used one card in the test). The epp profiles dont seem to work for anyone. It will boot but then fail orthos if left to auto sub timings while all else is set to advertised settings.

Setting fsb-memory clock to auto and sli ready memory to cpuoc 0% brings the ram to 1067 however the spd timings come through as being too agressive....even sets the cas at 2 :-) and of course wont boot the system. I can go in to the timings under expert and manual change things but i need sub timings to make it stable at 1066.7.

• Corsair Employees
This motherboard will overclock better if you have the CPU and RAM FSB unlinked. The best overclocking settings we were able to achieve is shown in our performance reports. EPP is convienent but when it comes to oc not all motherboard prefer a 1:1 ratio between the cpu:ram.

Archived