Corsair Community

Two TWIN2X2048-6400PRO with EVGA 680i error

hurga_gonzales

Hi there,

i am new to this forum and to DDR2 at all. I recently bought me an EVGA 680i SLI MoBo and therefore I've chosen the TWIN2X2048-6400PRO double kit (for now:D: ).

The MoBo provides four memory banks as follows:

>>>> DIMM 0 blue

>>>> DIMM 2

>>>> DIMM 1 blue

>>>> DIMM 3

The manual says to use same colours when setting up a system with two memory modules. So I placed each module in a blue (banks 0 + 1) slot. When I set it up with the two modules als described the computer doesn't boot up and shows no picture on the display. There is a long beep (5 sec.) looping and the LED on the board shows a C1.

The voltage in the BIOS is set to 1.9V by auto and I do not want to damage the MoBo or the mem modules by raising it. Maybe you can tell me what exactly I can or should do. May I raise the memory voltage? To what value should I raise it if so?

One module as single memory in bank 0 works fine.

Thanx in advance

Hurga

• Corsair Employees

Max supported Voltage is 2.1 Volts!

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

• 2 weeks later...

Though it is different from the hurga_gonzales‘s issue, I have the system instability issues, such as the frequent OS freeze and restart.

I had this instability issue when using the TWIN2X2048-6400PRO with the ADM Athlon 64 FX-62 CPU on the DFI LANPARTY UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G mainboard, and the issue seemed to be resolved after I changed the DIMM voltage, which was pre-set to 1.85V by the BIOS, to 1.90V.

So, when I looked at the memory timing & voltage in BIOS of the 122-CK-NF68-AR mainboard, their pre-defined values are 5-5-5-18 and 1.90V, respectively. After I skimmed through the threads regarding the TWIN2X2048-6400PRO in this forum, it seems that the recommended voltage to use with the Intel Core 2 CPU is 2.00 or 2.10V and the latency settings are 5-5-5-15-2T.

I would like to know what latency settings and voltage would be recommended for the TWIN2X2048-6400PRO with the x6800 CPU on the 122-CK-NF68-AR mainboard.

My system is not very stable with the 5-5-5-15-2T & 2.1V settings… When the system was restarted after the blue screen of death, the Windows error report opened the page suggesting running the memory test; Windows Memory Diagnostic... Now I set the timings and voltage to; 5-5-5-15-2T & 2.00V. I think that I need to run the memtest or Windows' memory test program. BTW, I have not known how hard to make the system stable…

When I looked up the Corsair’s web page to check if the tested settings of the TWIN2X2048-6400PRO for the mainboard are listed, they are not found in the page (the memory is found in the list of the memory modules compatible with the mainboard, though). I wonder if the memory is really compatible wit the mainboard…

Does someone out there using the TWIN2X2048-6400PRO with the EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR mainboard now? If it is possible, I’d appreciate if you could share the timing settings and voltage that work fine in your system very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I upgraded to Corsair TWIN2X2048-8500C5D. The TWIN2X2048-6400PRO on EVGA 680i problem is no longer mine.

Thank you for your advice & support.

BTW, the TWIN2X2048-8500C5D seems to be running O.K with the following settings; SLI Memory: Expert, linked FSB:DRAM clock ratio: 1:1 @ 1066 MHz, 5-5-5-15-2T, 2.2v, though the NVIDIA Monitor tells me that the memory voltage will damage the TWIN2X2048-8500C5D…: http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/8562/memfreq01yu6.jpg

Archived