Corsair Community

Intel Compatibility

rowdygls

I have a Intel DG965WH board. It says it supports DDR2 800 but with timings of 5-5-5 and voltage of 1.8. My question is: will the twin2x2048-6400pro or

twin2x2048-6400 package work with this motherboard. I've seen some reviews at various online retailers say that it has worked. If not, could I get some good recommendations for this build that would work ( I prefer it be 800 but would settle for less as long as it was 2GB's in dual channel) I'm building a HTPC with a E6300 C2D. Thanks.

I have a Intel DG965WH board. It says it supports DDR2 800 but with timings of 5-5-5 and voltage of 1.8. My question is: will the twin2x2048-6400pro or

twin2x2048-6400 package work with this motherboard. I've seen some reviews at various online retailers say that it has worked. If not, could I get some good recommendations for this build that would work ( I prefer it be 800 but would settle for less as long as it was 2GB's in dual channel) I'm building a HTPC with a E6300 C2D. Thanks.

Unfortunately, voltage of 2.1V is recommended for all of Corsair's current DDR2-800 modules, regardless of timings. In addition, Corsair's XMS series of DDR2 modules, regardless of speed, recommend a voltage setting of 2.0V or 2.1V. If you cannot adjust the DIMM voltage at all on your motherboard, then you will have to use DDR2-667 modules with your C2D -- specifically, the Value Select line (VS2GBKIT667D2).

Archived