Corsair Community

Bad TWINX1024 - 3200LLPRO XMS3200

aj_1980

Hi,

I purchased a matched pair of these sometime ago from an online suplier in the UK. I have recently started to experience stability issues however.

I would find that occasionally when trying to unzip or install something from an installer I would get CRC errors whilst using a friends computer everything was fine. I also tried to install linux but could complete the installation for pretty much the same reason. Frequently the my PC will also crash when playing games / burning CDs etc.

To try and solve the problem I tried removing 1 of the sticks and everything was fine - no crashes what so ever and I was also able to install / uncompress the files I previoulsy couldn't. To double check I swapped the modules around so that the other stick was the only one in and the problems came back.

My system specs are:

Motherboard: Intel D875PBZ

CPU: Intel P4 3.2 512Kb S478 Box 800FSB

Power Supply: Antec TruePower 550 12V AC 550W ATX

GFX: Connect 3D Radeon X800XT Platinum 256MB AGP DVI-I VIVO

All drivers are the latest and I'm currently running Windows XP Pro SP2.

The fact that 1 stick is rock solid and the other one flakey leads me to believe that I have a bad module but willing to try a few things first.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi RAMGUY - I checked the voltage and this was already set at 2.75. I tested both both modules with memtest and sure enough the one suspect module did produce some errors.

Can I go ahead with getting them replaced? Or have you any other suggestions?

Regards,

Andy.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived