Corsair Community

Bad 1024 module ?

Deepsound

Hi,

It seems I have a problem with one of my module.

TWINX 2048 - 3200C2 (CMX1024-3200C / XMS3202v.2.2 / 0601003-3)

For few months, it was working ok. But now, when I try to boot with both modules, or only with the one who seems faulty (with the other one, it's ok), I have a Bios Rom Checksum Error. Same problem whatever slot i put the faulty module.

My CM is an A8NE-FM (inside a Scaleo P Fujitsu Siemens), with an AMD 34 3200+. For information, I can use successfully other RAM modules that I have. A pair of Infineon (2 X 512, DDR400), and a pair of Kingston (2 X 512, DDR400). They all work by pairs, or the 4 modules together on the 4 slots with no problem.

So the boot problem and Bios Rom Checksum Error problem seems to happen only with one module of my Corsair pair, not depending of the CM Ram slots.

Should I send it back to you ?

Thanks, and best regards.

JC

Hello Ram Guy,

Thanks for your answer. You're right, my MB does not let me tweek memory voltage. But why this TWINX modules pair worked ok for several month without any problem, and why there's only one module that doesn't work now, while the other one is ok (for several month too... as I didn't had the time to take care of it until now...) ?

Thanks again.

JC

• Corsair Employees
Its not uncommon to find modules that will run at less voltage than whats specified but eventually they will fail. My point is that the tested settings are at 2.75 Volts so getting them replaced may not solve the problem. I would suggest testing them at the tested settings if you can to be sure.

Archived