Corsair Community

Twinx2048-3200c2pt Help!!!

A8N

Hi, I bought my computer way back last Feb 2006 and it had no problem in terms of hardware and software not until last week. When I turned on my computer, it went through the BIOS and it was fine. Came Windows log in, that's where it failed. After logging in, it just restarted my computer so I thought it was just something not until the second attempt. Same thing happened. I thought something went wrong with windows and tried reformatting and reinstalling the whole thing back again. This is where I it became even worse. As I did the F6 thing upon installation, it recognized the SATA driver and it went through up to the point of copying the installation fiiles and it would copy up to a certain point and a warning would pop out. It states that, it cannot copy the file from the CD etc..... So I thought something is wrong with my WINXP Pro CD. GOt another WINXP Pro CD and still the same. Went to the extreme, used a pirated one and STILL THE SAME!. Change the DVD drive and tried the 3 disc (2-original and 1 pirated), same result. Following day, went to the shop to check, we all suspected it was the SATA HDD. Bought a new SATA HDD and STILL FREAKING THE SAME!. Until it finally came to me on trying to remove 1 memory to see and guess what IT WORKED. Windows installed properly and its running although in 1 Gig only. Removed the working Memory, installed the other, it won't even boot up to BIOS at all. The funny thing is that, for the past few months I was running 2 Gig (no overclocking by the way since I bought the computer) then all of a sudden it just malfunctioned like crazy. Went to Corsair website on the online case and at the end, gave me a case # and just waiting for a reply for the RMA but can someone tell me waht happened? It just seem it came fron nowhere. Thanks

There is no way to tell really.

oh well, hahahaha anyway, I guess its like if you don't use it, you wouldn't know what the real problem is, lucky for me I found it and I hope its the right one.

• Corsair Employees
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with this MB you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Ram Guy,

hey thanks for the help and I did the test on both memory (one by one). The first one worked and didn't failed any test at MEMTEST but the other one, well, it won't even boot to BIOS anymore so CORSAIR decided to grant me my RMA# and I'm sending it somewhere this week. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
You should get the RMA for one Twinx set and send both modules so they match. Other wise the system may not be stable.

RAM GUY,

Just got a new memory module and I only sent one instead of two. The reason for this was that, I live in Guam and I really do not know how long will it take me to get back my defective memory. It'll be impractical for me to buy a memory just to use it for temporary unitl my memory comes back right. Also, I use the system for business as well so I can't afford not using my computer for a longer period of time since it crashed for how many days already. Although I got the memory already and its the same same model that I returned, can you calrify on how my computer may get unstable even if I got the same model of memory as the one I had before. Pls enlight me and thanks for the very good support

Thanks,

A8N

Archived